mark5235's profile

12 Messages

• 

398 Points

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 1:49 PM

Cannot Update CNAME and TXT records for Constant Contact

We need to add two CNAME records and one TXT record on our domain to verify our domain can be used to send e-mails via Constant.  However, Homestead will not allow me to make the changes.

I copied and pasted the record names and values and the following is the error message that Homestead shows me whenever I try to submit the updates.

"It appears that our partners are experiencing some technical difficulties, so we were unable to submit your A Record, CNAME, MX and TXT Record changes at this time. Please ensure that the records you are attempting to submit are valid and try again later.

Please enter a valid host name, which can either be an alpha-numeric string (like "abc123"), or * for your CNAME Records."

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

12 Messages

• 

398 Points

4 months ago

Is anyone else getting these errors?  Any updates?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If the records they're asking you to add have special characters, you won't be able to add those through our DNS system. I would recommend creating a free Cloudflare account to route your nameservers/DNS through.