homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:13 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add A Blog

Sitebuilder Plus: Add A Blog
Adding a blog to your business's website is a great way to encourage customer loyalty and supplement your visibility to search engines.

You can configure your blog to appear the way you want it to. For example, you can decide how many posts show up on your blog or how big the font size on your blog is.

To add a blog to your site:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar and mouse over the text element. Select blog from the secondary drop-down list.

4. This will open up a small window asking you to setup a name and description for your blog.

5. The last step will be to use the Blog Settings editor on the right side of the screen to customize your blog. You can also click on "New" to start your first post.

Tips for creating a successful blog
  • Post often. The more you post the more "fresh" your website will be, and search engines may rank your site higher because of it.

• Keep posts short. Shorter posts are more likely to be read all the way through by your readers.

• Promote it. Tell your friends about your blog. Share links to your blog articles in your social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn.

• Encourage subscriptions. Your blog has an RSS feed that viewers can subscribe to so they can be alerted when you post a new topic.

4 Messages

• 

244 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where do I find my blog on my website once published.

I would like to know where I find the blog on my website once it's published.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Stefeni Engebritson,

You want to add the blog onto a page on your site as detailed above. 

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I edit my blog.

with the new online sitebuilder I see no where to type in an entry to my blog, where do i go now?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would need to add the blog element onto a page first before you can edit the blog entries. Please see the article above for steps on how to do this. 

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I see my blog?.

where do I see my blog?

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My blog posts are not showing up on my website.

I typed in a post for my blog on the website manager dashboard but it is not showing up on my website. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hi Felecia2544,
Check out the article above, does this help you out?

1 Message

• 

672 Points

9 years ago

When I put a post on my blog you have to click on publish post then click website manager then click edit site then I click save then I click publish I normally would click on entire site let me know if that helped

159 Messages

• 

8K Points

8 years ago

Can someone show me an example of a "blog" in actual use here on a Homestead site?

Thanks

159 Messages

• 

8K Points

Guess no one actually uses them?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

People do use them, but unless I have permission directly from the site owner, I am not able to post a URL. It is an unfortunate process. Hopefully a customer that doesn't mind sharing will do so. If I can get some time, I will try to set one up on a test site.

159 Messages

• 

8K Points

Thanks Drew!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled create a blog.

5 Messages

• 

204 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lost Blogs.

I have created blogs on my website, but they never show up. What have I failed to do?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You probably just need to add the blog to a page, or create a new page and add the blog element.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why isn't my blog showing up on the webpage?.

8 Messages

• 

282 Points

7 years ago

Drew, I added the blog function to my account today.  I initiated it in sitebuilder under the page titled "blog".  After I created and published my first blog, it is not showing up on my blog page.  Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Cara9135, you need to add the blog element to the blog page. Click Insert, then hover your mouse over Text. A menu will pop down and an option is Blog. Position it on the page and then publish.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

8 Messages

• 

282 Points

I did add the blog element to the blog page.  When I go back to attempt to add it again I get a box that shows up saying,
 "Did you already add a blog to your site?

If you add a second blog:
  • The second blog will show the exact same posts as your original blog.
  • Your users may get confused and think they are looking at two blogs that show different posts.
  • Search engines like Google and Yahoo! may rank your site lower because you have two web pages with the same content."

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I looked on each page and the blog is not there, so just hit the continue button and see the element drop on the page.

8 Messages

• 

282 Points

Thank you!  It worked!

14 Messages

• 

362 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have done my first blog and published it but it will not show up on my sight.

I have done my first blog and published it but it will not show up on my sight only the standard text shows up with back ground colour. Why will my blog post not show up.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Did you add the blog element to a page?

8 Messages

• 

580 Points

6 years ago

Is there tip on how to get my blog noticed at the local level?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

I don't see any good answers to questions on this topic. I want to know how to access the blog elements menu to add a new blog. It keeps saying to go to NEW but I don't see NEW on any menus I look at.

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

Hi Lynne

The comment "new" is referring to the new site builder. You can start a blog in the new Site Builder. 
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

I would recommend looking at the "Official Response" on this question. It gives picture instructions on adding a blog through Sitebuilder Plus.
Once the blog is added, click on the blog element to see the Blog menu on the right. This will give you the option to create new posts, which is where you will see the "new" option.