Zip/Zilch Access To My Website

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Continued data migration 12/12/2014

Seems now everyone has turned off their phones, their tech. help, their responses to forum questions.  Kinda directly tells you where this is all going.  Anybody know anyone on the purported North Korean hackers doing in Sony?  Perhaps they can get this to work.

I can login and but when I try to go to my pages to edit, all I see is a gray checkerboard screen.  Maybe gray is the new orange.

I feel for all the people who placed their trust in this company to entrust their livelihood into their hands.  Now you're SOL for the Christmas season, for New Years, and for how ever longer it will take for these owners to admit they screwed the pooch on this entire fiasco.

Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem and then found out Homestead has been acquired by a major company who is transferring all our sites to their own servers for faster service.  Homestead did not do this, their parent company did. Homestead is just the messenger taking the flack.
Photo of Joan0388

Joan0388

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I hope this is true and that they resolve the issue quickly. I have important updates that I need to make to my website, especially for the holiday season and I am unable to do it and therefore losing business.
Photo of Joan0388

Joan0388

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yesterday I held on for a tech support call for an hour and 20 minutes and finally had to hang up. I am not a very happy camper right now. I have been on hold for a while again today but just cannot sit here for that long again.
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
They will just tell you what I did, they are working round the clock to get everybody moved over. SO sorry this is happening!
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

Yep, so sorry I've already contacted my attorney.  Seems charging you for something they knowingly can't deliver is considered fraud.  Ans since they moved my "pay day" from the 20th to the 15th, they just charged me.
Photo of Josh1607

Josh1607

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We just received a phone call of a patron who wanted to donate to our non-profit and could not even access our "Donate" page. I wonder who has tried and has not called us ): I tried "Support" and  I sat on hold for an hour before I gave up. Not to mention all the new work I did on a page before I realized the site was messed up when I kept receiving error messages when I tried to save. It would have been nice to have been notified and maybe they should have waited to transition after the holidays?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Josh1607,

Customer sites are not being affected by this migration, and I was able to get to the Checkout page.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

Sorry but it is Homestead's problem. What prior notification was given to anyone about the acquisition so we could prepare for exigent circumstances we're now facing?  And the new company...if this is their method of doing business, who in their right mind would want to be aligned with them as a business partner?  It became this scenario:  save money and dump their servers and move the material to ones we already own.  That's a cost savings tied into the acquisition.  Then don't bother to tell those users being migrated they can expect major service interruptions because you don't want them leaving the ship.  Just feed them some garbage every week or so; you can count on some leaving, but the business models where this was done in the past show the vast majority of users stay.  In short, they don't care; you're just a billed client to them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.