wrap text

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

it would be great if we could wrap test around pictures to have site look better instead of being all square and straight
Photo of Steve4796

Steve4796

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Emery Heuermann

Emery Heuermann

• 1,036 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I use the enter key to enter a hard return when the sentence encounters a graphic. Crude way of word wrapping but it works.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steve -

I think that's a really good call out! Emery's suggestion is what we tell users currently who want to wrap text around pictures -- it's not ideal, but works for the time being. Hopefully we can have something like this implemented soon.

Thanks!
Photo of Bob8740

Bob8740

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've used the "upper/lower text box" routine. For example, if my image is on the left side of the page I set the left side of my upper text box next to the right side of the image and type away until I get to the bottom of the image. Then I begin a new (lower) text box the top of which sits under the bottom of the image. You can then finese the box positions so that things looks just like text wrapping in Word. Sounds a little awkward but it gets easier as you work with it.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob! Yes - that's a great way to work around this issue as well. Thanks for the tip!
Photo of Rick1456

Rick1456

• 74 Points
It's unfortunate that Homestead always has a "work around" for everything. No drop down menus, no text wrap, no HTML5 effects. They used to have great features when they started out. Slowly they have removed elements and made it so plain, you have to learn complex programming just to do what other companies offer as standard. Seems like Wordpress has a plug in for just about everything you want to do. Homestead is falling behind.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.