Working Smart

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

For purposes of rapidly copying/pasting objects from one page to another: How do I open multiple pages simultaneously in site builder plus, and how do I select more than one item on a page at once? (Ctrl plus click does not seem to work for selection of multiple items.)
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

• 784 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Charlie

Charlie

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Shift + Click allows you to select multiple elements. Not sure if you even can open multiple pages.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Correct, you can use Shift + click to select multiple items, so that you can copy and paste. Unfortunately you can't open SiteBuilder in multiple windows and paste back and forth, you'll have to copy from one page, and choose the new page from the View Page drop-down menu, and then paste.

However the if you have content that you want on every page, the easiest thing to do is just add it to the Master Template. Just click the small icon that looks like to overlapping pieces of paper which is just to the left of the Insert button. This will activate the Master Template and anything you add automatically appears on all pages. This is super handy for whenever you have something that you wish to be on every page as long as you want it in the same location, ie business name, header/logos, phone number etc.

Mike
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

I see that I can "insert" html into the Master Template: I see no problem with copying my "follow-us" widgets, including the buttons that display and their associated, non-visible, java script into the Master Template- because "follow" buttons take my site visitors to another page, (such as my Facebook page, my Google plus page, and my Hub page). Is this correct? However, buttons of the "like this page" variety, such as G+1 public recommendations, "save this to Delicious," "Reddit this" and Facebook's Like button point to particular pages of my web site. Therefore, it seems to me that I could not implement "Like this page" type buttons in the Master Template; correct?

Also, if I am using Site Builder's facility to insert a Facebook "Like" button, or a Google Plus-one public recommendation button onto a page of my site (not the master template), can I simply copy the button from one page to another- or is homestead's facility for entering the Facebook "Like" and G plus-one recommendation button (also) entering the invisible java script that is necessary on each page for the button to reference the page that it shows on... in which case merely copying the buttons that show on my page from one page to the next would not seem to work.

Along this line, if I want a Facebook Like button other the "standard" version (which includes a space consuming line of text), must I get the button, and the associated java script, of course, from Facebook... I see no way of selecting, in site builder, to use only a "button count" type Facebook Like button? Facebook recommends putting the (invisible) java script just inside the body tag, not in the head; to do this, should I simply insert the java script (using "insert html") near the very top of my page?

Thanks for mentioning the Master Template. I was not even considering the possibility of being able to implement my widgets in the Master Template. I recall that it is not possible to do anything with the head of Master Template. However, since "follow us" type widgets do not point to particular pages of my web site, perhaps I can implement them in the master template, by using the "insert html" facility, which I see is active in the Master Template.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Everything in your first paragraph is correct. If you want something on all pages use the master template. If you want a button or any other object on a specific page turn off the master template.

If you use the SiteBuilder Facebook like button, you can copy and paste it to as many individual pages as you wish, or use the Master Template if you want them on all pages. It is not page specific. If you want like buttons that are page specific, you'll want to get them from the Facebook Developers site: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/... The Sitebuilder Google+ button works the same way. It is not page specific.

Let me know if I missed anything or answered all your questions.

Mike
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

What URL is referenced by the master template: let's say that I place a Facebook "share" button in the master template of my site, when a visitor to my site clicks this button, will they be "sharing" a link to the particular page of my site that they were on when they decided share something they saw, or will they be sharing the same link, regardless of what page of my site they are on?
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

...when they decided to share...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It would not be url specific.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.