windows 10 / install of sitebuilder desktop / steps and help?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have a new dell laptop that I need to install the old homestead sitebuilder desktop version on to continue updating some older sites that are too large to move over into the web based without weeks of work.

Where is the download, i can't even find it on the main page of homestead and are there certain steps or things I need to do to make it work properly with windows 10?
Photo of William0820

William0820

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 13,938 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I would strongly advised against using the downloaded version, you can upload all your current files to the online software by selecting upload from the file manager in the desktop builder. This builders accessibility may be permanently removed in the near future so please consider moving over soon. However, you can attempt to install it by logging into your account at homestead.com and go to websites manager then download Sitebuilder. You may need to run the fix in these articles to get it to function properly. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/windows-10-and-sitebuilder-desktop-axe9sy82c33rk https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-desktop-fix-oqmscj7tjibxu

Photo of William0820

William0820

When I sign in I don't see the download sitebuilder, i'd move over no problem but the pages I have created 10+ years ago have many dozens of pages links and items on them, so many moving them would take me weeks upon weeks if not longer, I can't be the only one in that situation... but at this point what I see i don't even have a download link in my websites manager area of homestead's site.

Photo of William0820

William0820

New sites I am using the new webpage based builder for, just all these older larger sites I certainly can't just click a button and move them or i would in a heartbeat, I am not used to the webpage based plus but I am "adapting", just the idea of trying to move sites with 30+ pages FULL of video, links, pics and text is very overwhelming, some I have had up since the 1990's.
Photo of William0820

William0820

ah wait if I choose a different site vs a newer one i DO see the download link ok ill be trying that now...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You will need to select a Sitebuilder website, bonsaiketo.com is in WebsiteBuilder, the newer software so you will not see that option with that site. 
Photo of William0820

William0820

Ok grabbed it so far so good on the main pc, hoping i can replicate that on the dell laptop too as mobile would be helpful.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Perfect, should be good if you use the same process, let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. 
Photo of William0820

William0820

Spoke too soon, tried to publish a fast edit says I am not connected (but i am obviously)....
Photo of William0820

William0820

Yep followed that step by step and now i am "online" and publishing thankyou!

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-desktop-fix-oqmscj7tjibxu

(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Awesome. You are welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.