Will my customers be able to place orders in my store during the transition?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Yes, you will have access to both stores during the transition. The domain will stay on your Prostores store until you want to switch it, but this must be done on or before January 17th, 2014.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Drew -

I am a little confused by the Jan 17th deadline date; what is the difference between this and the Dec 31st deadline?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry, the January date is incorrect. It will need to be done by December 31st.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank You!
Photo of Neil5190

Neil5190

• 60 Points
I was not informed of the change until this past week when we were given a deadline of January 15, 2014- Final Notice. I never received notice before this!
I am confident Intuit will make the transfer properly and provide the support at no cost to set up the new Storefront Website with a lateral move. Please contact me promptly and advise of how this will be done. Neil Jasper n.jasper@verizon.net, neil@americandrugscan.com
310-569-4630
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Neil5190... Here is the url, you'll need to get started in case you have not received it yet. http://store-qhcqb8.mybigcommerce.com/

You'll want to visit this thread and complete the critical steps. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Ben4772

Ben4772

• 70 Points
PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME ABOUT THE TRANSITION , I WAS NOT NOTIFIED AND NEED HELP CALL 470-429-3180 THANKS BEN BRAZZELL AT ELECTRONIC DEPOT INC
Photo of Ben4772

Ben4772

• 70 Points
PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CALL ME ABOUT THE TRANSITION , I WAS NOT NOTIFIED AND NEED HELP CALL 470-429-3180 THANKS BEN BRAZZELL AT ELECTRONIC DEPOT INC
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am very sorry, but we are not setup to make outbound calls. You can post a question here, or call support or open an online chat during our business hours.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Margie Waugh

Margie Waugh

• 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
How do I change my Domain?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Margie1431, I thinks this post will help https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Brian2608

Brian2608

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Customers aren't able to purchase from our store since the transition. They are getting "error 1002". What is this and how can this be resolved?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sounds like an issue with the payment processor but we may need to start by getting the full error message. Can you log into your account and click: Setup & Tools > Store Log

You'll see some dropdown menus. To start just leave them set at: All severities and All Types. If you can find a more detailed code/description paste it here.

This link may help; https://support.bigcommerce.com/quest...

Mike
Photo of Cathy5770

Cathy5770

• 70 Points
Well Big Commerce, thanks for all the time that you are giving us to make this huge transition. Around the holidays! When employees are on vacation or stores are closed. This is an outrage. I wonder what we can do about all the lost business I am hearing about. This emotional outlet is BS
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Cathy5770,

If it helps, you do not have to switch your domain over to the new store right away. If you want to wait until after the Christmas holiday, you can change it then. I apologize as I realize the timing to set up the new store is not ideal, but this should not cause you any lost business.
Photo of Julie2019

Julie2019

• 60 Points
I am really tired and upset about this switch. I am and have been literally sick during the holidays and find that I have to not only keep up with a store that I just opened, but have to change my domain and set up my WEBSITE, that I have had with Intuit/Homestead for over two years! That was the point of opening my webstore in 2010-11 so that it was running and stable when I opened my physical location. So what a mess. I attempted to place an order with my site and it didn't go through at all. Site said it could not place the order to me. So I have tried to complete all of the instructions provided by BC in between making batches of soap and other bath and skin care products for my walk in customers. Then I get sick on Christmas day and can't get out of bed for over 3 days. Great timing for a dang move!!!! You say this should not cause you any lost business.... well I happen to disagree with you Mike F. My website worked excellently before this nonsense and now it doesn't. I wish I would have known about this move 'before' I had Homestead renovate my website. I cannot afford to throw away money, but if this site is not functioning within 24 hours, I do not have anymore time to work with it as I have a physical location with real customers who are in my face, looking at me and expecting me to provide handmade skincare products and communicate their benefits. I will count the $900 spent as a loss and start fresh elsewhere. This is too ridiculous and I'm totally frustrated with you guys. I'm not happy and I have to present myself in a different, calmer light to my customers.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry for the frustration. Did you get an error message? If you log into the store and go to setup & tools, and then store logs, you should see the error. Let us know what it is so that we may investigate.

Drew
Photo of lloyd1034

lloyd1034

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone at Homestead to help me find out why my store didn't transition over to Big Commerce. I went through all the steps. Everything looked like it was set up correctly. Then, I closed my old storefront, expecting my new one to take it's place, and when I went to my website to test it out, it said my store was closed for maintenance; and it still had the old address on the site, not the new big commerce store. What do I do? I can't have my store closed...I reopened my old one. How do I get the new one to work?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi lloyd1034, Your store did transition, but there are a few require steps that you have to perform on your end. Here's the URL for your site: http://store-bhnil.mybigcommerce.com/

Be sure to complete the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Peter1652

Peter1652

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why am I still getting final notice emails? I did everything that Ive been asked to do weeks ago. It sucked just like everyone else has stated, but I keep getting these reminders. Are you sending these reminders to EVERYONE whether they have updated their stores or not? I have according to your super easy step by step list. I just want to be sure I don thave to do it again. www.stores.j2-velo.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We were just emailing everyone again to make sure everyone was notified of the cutoff date. If you've already gone through the required steps, then you don't have to do them again.
Photo of Lina8703

Lina8703

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My customer cannot add an item to the shopping cart. Is this have anything to do with the transition to Big Commerce?
Photo of Brian2608

Brian2608

We are having trouble with people purchasing on our site as well. After numerous phone calls to Homestead, Big Commerce, and our credit card merchant, it was discovered that Big Commerce does not support our credit card processor who happens to be "state of the art" so to speak. Big Commerce is using an old platform. Therefore, WE have to go through all the hassle of switching our credit card processor to match their dated system. Very frustrating. Homestead and Big Commerce kept telling us they couldn't help us, and that it was each others fault.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Because they are not supported doesn't make the system dated. I am not sure what they are talking about, but most of the big merchant services are supported. Did they give you any more detail?

Drew
Photo of Brian2608

Brian2608

Big Commerce uses connect1.0. My bank deals with merchants that use connect2.0, the newest one.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not familiar with the differences, but I imagine Bigcommerce will not update until the majority of large merchant services do so. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew
Photo of Erica7514

Erica7514

• 60 Points
Well. I have not moved my site and it is March 1, 2014. What do I do?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What have you done thus far? We can try to help get you started.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.