Will I receive support from Bigcommerce or Homestead?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Homestead support will continue to be your support staff for your store.

If you have questions specifically pertaining to your Bigcommerce Storefront website, you may call 866-940-8652.

IMPORTANT: This number is only for Storefront customers on the Bigcommerce Platform. Any questions with regard to other Homestead products and services ie. Billing, Sitebuilder, Prostores, Simplestore, etc. please continue to use our other channels of support; Live Chat, Community or 800-710-1998

When posting questions to the Community please post your questions under a the related help topic rather than mixing various questions into one post. This will help us serve you in a more efficient manner. Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Andrea0696

Andrea0696

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why am I able to log into Homestead and Bigcommerce? Which one is the best to design my website? If I design with one company, then log into the other, will my site be the same?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andrea0696, sorry for the confusion. You will want to log into the Bigcommerce site to set up your Storefront. The link from the Homestead site still points to the old software. It will be removed when our transition is complete.
Photo of Andrea0696

Andrea0696

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok great. I think I read somewhere else that starting December 31st, all Storefront activity will transfer to Bigcommerce. So, my other website will then transfer to the Bigcommerce platform? What about the merchant service I have though Inuit QuickBooks...will that go away as well so I can just us the one through the new Storefront?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your regular site (created with Homestead's SiteBuilder) will not change and you'll still come to Homestead.com like normal for that. Anything for your Storefront will be managed via bigcommerce.com Bigcommerce does accept Quickbooks merchant service, so you can still use them if you wish. This link has the most critical steps that you'll need to do. http://bcstorefront.homestead.com/
Photo of Kallijah0290

Kallijah0290

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello Mike: Do we still use Intuit Merchant Services to process credit cards via key-in online?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You may still use the Quickbooks merchant services. It is supported. Or if you wish to shop around, the store supports about 60 different processors. You can research them to understand the differences and pick the one that's best for your business.

Drew
Photo of Ralph0633

Ralph0633

• 60 Points
Will I be able to access my storefront emails on my android device. I can't do it now and would like to be able to do this in the future. Certainly would make my life easier if I could access website emails from my smartphone.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes, it would just be a matter of configuring your android with the email account, it's not really dependent on the Storefront.

Mike
Photo of Ajay3955

Ajay3955

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been using ProStores offered by Homestead for over two years now. The biggest pain point that I had was lack of support from Homestead. For any emails sent to get help on features and functionalities the response used to be links to the documentation. The documentation was not too great any ways, and then there was no support for any follow up questions. It was more of DIY situation, and if you cannot figure out then forget about it. Would that be any different with Bigcommerce? And how?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'm very confident that you'll find our support for the Bigcommerce platform quite superior than compared to the Prostores system. Most of all the Bigcommerce platform is by far a much more user friendly system. Also, we already have direct communication channels set up between Homestead's tech support team and techs directly at Bigcommerce. If we don't know the answer to your question, we have a much smoother system in place to find out.

Also, we already have far more help topics posted here on the Community than what the old Prostores system had available. If you visit this link, you'll see several pages with many help topics covering almost everything you can think of and we are adding more each week!

If you have more specific questions, feel free to let us know.

Mike
Photo of BARBARA2436

BARBARA2436

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
CAN NOT GET PAST THE ACCOUNT PART TO GET TO MY EDITING PART OF MY BC STORE
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, i'm not sure what you mean. Are you able to actually log in? Or you are logged in but don't know how/where to proceed?

Mike
Photo of BARBARA2436

BARBARA2436

YES, FINALLY! THANK U
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Are you responding to my previous question, or are you ok now? Yes to what?

Mike
Photo of BARBARA2436

BARBARA2436

YES OK NOW.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

thanks
Photo of Andre O2184

Andre O2184

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello, we have transfered our data about a week ago. But unfortuntaley we have lost all of the data today due to import/export screw up. Is there anyway that you can re-transfer our Homestead Data and images to Bigcommerce? re: Torkx.com Thank you.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My merge was incomplete on some products, how can this be fixed? Do I call or who do I work with to correct the errors.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What type of product information is incomplete? Are you missing products or information on specific products?

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

foil complete weapons did not transfer (epee complete weapons and sabre complete weapons did) foil has blades transfered twice. Also my site shows 20%discount on all products, bigcommerce did not carry this feature over.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry but any promotions that had will have to be re-created. This thread may help. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Concerning the products can you guesstimate how many are missing? We'll help you out in the most efficient manner. If it's a lot of products a remigration will take extra time. If it's only a few then manually re-adding them will be the quickest.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

It is a total of 19 items with each having 5 options to custimize. And these options do effect pricing. The category of Complete Foils is important to have corrected.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you please clarify the category name and products? There is not a category named "Complete Foils" in the old store.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Foil
-Complete Weapons
--Electric Weapons
--Electric Weapons FIE
--Standard Weapons

All of these categories are missing, as far as I can tell
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

They are each showing in the new store.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I don't see it. Myabe you are confusing

Foil
-Foil Blades
--Electric
--Electric FIE
--Standard (non Electric)

Foil Blades would be a part of the complete weapons so as I sell all parts separately to make a complete weapon or the complete weapon as one item this is why the categories are similar. More than you ever wanted to know about the olympic sport of fencing I'm sure. But thank you for looking at this.

I do see that searching for an item number does bring up the product but on the left side navigation bar it is not listed under the foil drop down menu (but in epee and sabre it is). But blades are listed twice (as Foil-Blades & Foil-Foil Blades with same products in each- its repetative to have the blades twice what is missing is the "complete weapons" or "complete foils")

Do you think I am looking at the wrong store setup?

feel free to call me

Vickie
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I think I see the discrepancy. Your old store shows a subcategory of "Complete Weapons" but in the new store it looks like you have a subcategory of "Blades" instead. If you can find the items in the store by searching for the item numbers, the easiest way to fix the problem would be to manually add that category back, then just assign those products to the category.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

ok, I'll try and figure that out...I have until the 15th now until we have to go live?
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Hi Mike,
Please look at item SBF16 base price $158, if I upgrade foil socket to "Bayonette leon paul add $5" it changes the price to $60. it should add $5 to the base price, i haven't even started chekcing each item and time is running out, is this caused by something that went wrong with transferring mys tore to bigcommerce?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hello, I see what happened, but am not sure why. In the options for this product the rules came over as set price to, instead of add. Can you check a few more for me to see if this is a common problem. The problem is, that a remigration will eliminate any product changes you have made in Bigcommerce. There is no way to sync the data with Prostores. It would be a simple overwrite.

I would like to investigate how widespread the problem appears before we make a commitment to another import of the product data.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I need to change the photos on the home page flash or remove it and replace with a static photo. How do I do this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There are several things you can do. You may want to visit this as a first step: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Also this may help: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Question 1: I have an actual store and cutomers sometimes place online orders then walk in to pick up their order vs shipping. How can I program my bigcommerce site to have "pick up" or "will call" option as to not generate a shipping fee on their invoice?

Question 2: where do I program gift cards? My store gift cards are 13 numbers long
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This page will answer your first question: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Can you clarify your second question? The store does not actually program gift cards. Perhaps this page will help: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

On Homestead I can allow my cusotmers to pay with gift cards- my store gift cards (not visa/MC/etc..). How can I have my bigcommerce website allow customers to paywith my stoer gift cards?
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I was asking about programming the website; not programming the gift cards.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

then getting back to customers picking up, that link doesn't help me. I have customers that come from all over the country, even foreign countries that will shop at my store while they are working or vactioning in San Diego. The link you gave me seems to want me to block my local zip code from shipping and only have a pick up option. I also have locals, in my zip code that have no interest in picking up and prefer to pay for shipping. This happens every week, customers place their orders online and message me they will be picking up. Being forced to use a gateway I would like them to clarify wether or not shipping will be charged so there will be less corrections for me.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

OMG urgent support request, after playing around with your link and then realizing it was not a solution for us on "pick up" vs "shipping" now my store is not accepting any shipping orders! I just received an email form a customer telling me he would npow shop elsewhere! Help!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for all the confusion, regarding your question on gift cards, there is not a gift card feature in the system but you may be able to use the coupon codes system to accomplish what you need. Take a look at this page and see if it will meet your needs: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Regarding your post above and the shipping issue. It sounds like the link provided is exactly what you have explained (https://community.homestead.com/homes...) If this does not do what you need it to do, please explain in more detail how you need this to work.

Mike
This is the worst time of year to take on a big project. Why were not given more notice - a couple of months NOT DURING THE HOLIDAYS would have made more sense.

Were short staffed and don't have time to devote to this
Photo of Michael3806

Michael3806

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. It's the WORST time of year for us eCommerce folks. Even pushing it back to 01 February would have been way more logical.
Photo of Robert7379

Robert7379

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Please tell me when I can expect to receive further instructions on how to complete the transition to Bigcommmerce? Last week I received an email from you guys with links to logging into my site but they were not the correct links.

I have also asked for a telephone number for phone support but that has not yet been supplied either.

I am not happy with this whole process. I would prefer one on one contact via email or telephone support instead of this useless support forum.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You are welcome to call us at 800-710-1998. Sorry if someone sent you the incorrect links. I just looked at the status and am escalating this as your store URL is not set up yet. We'll try to get this done asap.
Photo of Shaun7120

Shaun7120

• 60 Points
I am frustrated too!!! Have been on hold waiting for customer support for hours this past week. The transition is not as user friendly as you have made it out to be. I think we need one on one support and a further extension to get this set up.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Shaun7120, We are very sorry about the long hold times. We are handling inquires from all support channels as quickly as possible. If you are unable to get ahold of live support, feel free to explain you question here on the Community.
Photo of Barbara9750

Barbara9750

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am shocked at the little notice. I can't even change the text on my home page on big commerce and after holding for 35 minutes, I got no tech support from Homestead, who in my opinion, had trouble supporting their own software..Should be something having them do support on someone else's product.Guess I should be more optimistic, but after pouring through the bigcommerce support forum for help on changing text and then holding for 25 minutes there, I have little hope...ugggh..
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The text for the homepage is under the marketing tab and then View Banners. When the page loads, look under the "Action" heading and click the small icon that looks like a gear wheel. You'll then see an "edit' link that will allow you to change the text.

Mike
Photo of Robin5130

Robin5130

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike, I have spent more than 8 hours trying to figure the text for the Homepage out. You might want to include this information with the -What Do I need to Do After I am Converted materials. I am so grateful to discover this response to Barbara!
Photo of Barbara9750

Barbara9750

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
As always, Mike to the Rescue! I'm not sure homestead would survive without him.

thanks mike. that was perfect.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Glad I could help you out.
If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Robin5130

Robin5130

I need help updating my products. I downloaded the .csv file and changed all of the height, depth, width measurements that I need for the USPS site to calculate my shipping automatically for me. I spent a few hours figuring out what I was doing wrong that cyberduck wouldn't work, but I did finally manage to get the files to upload. Now when I upload- I lost two categories all together and can not see that the height, depth and width updated on anything. Plus I also get the message that items can not be shipped. I was literally 10 minutes of work away from being able to launch my store for this season. Help!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you have the original export file? and the edited one? Did the categories that got lost have products assigned to them?

Drew
Photo of Robin5130

Robin5130

yes, but it appears that the problem is that I have many items in multiple categories and it seems to wipe out the early categories and only leave the last. I just corrected that manually.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. You fixed that, but still have the problem with dimensions? Can you export again and send me the new export and the file with dimensions that you entered. I will send you an email. Attach the 2 files and send them back.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Robin5130

Robin5130

Thank you for the help Drew- all of the dimensions are now updated. I truly appreciate your help
Photo of Michael7574

Michael7574

• 60 Points
I reached out to BigCommerce for some support and they're unable to help because my store is still on the old platform. Is it possible for BigCommerce web support to gain access of our accounts in order to help troubleshoot or do I have to wait until Wednesday, January 15 when the transition is official?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bigcommerce will steer you back to Homestead if your account is with us.  What sort of question do you have?  We'll be happy to help you out.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Hi Mike,
I'm having trouble accessing support, I just received a message saying I've asked too many questions on this forum and have been blocked. What's the best way to resolve issues? My earlier question was in regards to my Canadian customers being blocked from shopping on my Big Commerce store, am I no longer allowed to do business internationally? That creates a major problem for my store and would like to know the answer and fix the problem.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Fencing7181,

Sorry, can you please explain what happened. I don't believe we've every blocked anyone for asking too many questions. Can you tell me who told you that?

As far as Canadian customers being blocked I don't see a previous question above. Sorry if I missed it. Was it on a different page? Was there a problem with actually taking an order from Canada, or shipping? Sorry if you you have to reexplain this.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

just FYI,
yesterday I asked my question here and I was sent to a page that stated we've noticed too many questions from your IP address and you are being blocked...sooo then I called and I was helped with my question (30 minute hold time) and after being helped I was told I should use the homestead chat for further questions, which of course I have many questions becuase this is all new soooo... I asked a question via chat from my old homestead login and was told I should not use chat I need to call. You're denying I was blocked from here (I'm on another IP account now) Chat is denying I called (they claim I must have called bigcommerce), I'm thinking none of you guys communicate well with eachother. seriously, this is importnant for business. and that's why I'm taking the time to explain. I hope things improve. My new concern/question is I now have had 2 customers whose cards declined and during the checkout process were given NO notice of the order not going through. One was from MExico and one was from Canada, at least it should tell them during the process your card declined, your order coulnd not be completed, somthing. I'm on hold with homestead (1-866-602-4291) at the moment so hopefully I will receive support in resolving this.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry for the communication issues you are experiencing. I am looking into the IP block message you received. You are always welcome to contact us in phone or chat(during hours) or post questions here.

I will let the managers for both phones and chat about your concerns, and we can hopefully get things straightened out.

I see you were able to get to a rep yesterday as well and that your credit card question is already escalated.

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Another question...
I have set up my shipping zones and I'm having trouble. I have set up FedEx Orange Zone" which includes states Oregon, Washington, Kansas and others but my customers are not able to check out with appropriate shipping from Oregon Washington and Kansas (zip code 66050). They're getting only the international rates I've set up. Did I do something wrong with my shipping set up or does Big Commerce not have all the zip codes entered for the states. I'm losing business, please help. I have had 3 customers email me (one from Oregon, one from Washington and one from Kansas). Is support available on the weekend? especially this weekend?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you give us an example? None of your methods for that zone are setup as FedEx. They are all flat rate charts.

Tell me what you are adding to the cart and what city/state you are shipping to and we will take a look.

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I'm asking why they are not working as a flat rate chart, I realize the name I chose "FedEx Orange Zone" is not linked to FedEx. I'm wondering why in my "FedEx Orange Zone" which has Kansas, Washington and Oregon checked, when actual orders come in from those state they do not get the flat rate codes quoted which I set up and are instead quoted the internationl flat rates.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Real Examples from my customer:

email 1: "Hi, I'm trying to order a saber and a bag from your site and it is telling me the shipping is $50. Is that right? Thanks for your time. 66050, near lawrence, ks"

email 2: "I was ordering a Men's Jacket, but when I went to check out, it said it couldn't ship to my address? What??? 3817 NE 41st St., Vancouver, WA 98661
I guess I'll go order from your competitor"

caller 1: "The only option coming up is USPS Express Mail for my zip code. Oregon 97303"

Please let me know how I programmed the "FedEx Orange Zone" wrong so I can fix it, as you can see I am losing business and seems like it should be an easy fix to get things moving until I have a chance to properly program real time shipping to link with my fedex account.

I'm not haveing trouble with the other zones and orders are coming in without complaint from custoemrs in those zones.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is what I got when putting in our Colorado address, which is in the same zone. I got the same numbers when I shipped to City Hall in Lawrence Kansas. Can you duplicate the problem with any shipping. The second image is the items in the cart.

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

okay, I think I know what is happening, I'm getting the same responses as my customers if while cheking out I do not enter "United States". I can imagine this oversight on my customers end but that's a lost sale on my end. Is there someway to have this as the default and ask for confirmation if they want to change it so it doesn't accidently get changed and cancel my sale?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It was the default when I did it. I did not have to change anything. Are you having to do so?

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I don't know, let me try from a few differnt computers that haven't accessed the site before. But anyway if that accidently gets changed then the international rates pop up even with the state, city and US Zip (some countries let you leave that info in)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I will look into that for you.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Urgent...My Washington State customer was able to try again and successfully order by spelling out "Washington". If he uses only WA it treats him as an international customer. "WA" can also be Western Australia, is this possible? Can you test and fix?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Just letting you know I'm researching this.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just got some information back on this. Apparently it has something to do with the way the data was imported and some differences between the Prostores platform and the Bigcommerce system. In either case, I was advised that the fix for this is to just export the customer, and then import them back in again.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I have no idea how to do that, can you do that for us?
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

are you going to answer? Or did you fix this and not tell me? I just tried to receive support on the homestead/bigcommerce help line (1-866-602-4291) and was on hold 45 minutes, finally spoke with Anthony Sanders who did not help me, I asked if he could transfer me to a higher level of support and then he put me on hold another 30 minutes, came back and disconnected the line. It's very frustrating trying to get help!
Photo of sandy5023

sandy5023

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Since I am getting this email too, I think they want you to try this:. Go on your bigcommerce site. Under "Customers" is an export feature. Export your customers via bulk edit, save to your computer & then import the customers back. Check the "bulk edit re-import" button and choose the export file you saved on your computer. Hope it works - still waiting for my problem.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

thanks sandy but the strange thing is the option on my site has been taken away to put in state codes and now there is a drop down of spelled out states. I really hope they can learn some follow through and get back to me if they messed around on my site.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Fencing7181

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Due to many customers waiting until the final deadline to convert, we've been inundated with questions and our response time is close to 24 hours at this time. We did not do any work, or remove any options. The method Sandy5023 described is correct. Except, you can export a single customer if you wish. When you are viewing the customer list, just put a check-mark next to the customer you wan to export, and click the button that says "Export Selected Customer" .
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I think this import issue is what caused my 'no tax' calculated as well. In addition to downloading single Customer - you can edit the State info (right in Admin) by choosing 'Action>Edit' on Specific Customer Line; then click 'Customer Address Book' on top of record; then 'Action>Edit'.

Pro Tip (as BC would say) - If you download a CSV and edit, use caution with 'Find & Replace' method. Choose to find and replace one record at a time i.e.'Find Next' rather than 'Replace All'. After you have several State Abbreviations converted to being fully spelled out, 'find & replace' sticks the 'replace' in where ever it 'finds' those two letters. Halfway through the file, I realized I had States looking like 'Washawaiington'

Other than that, the import went smoothly. But I am confident the two letter abbreviation was the culprit in no tax being charged (in my circumstance).
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the feedback.
Photo of sandy5023

sandy5023

My website transfered and is in good shape... except....I am a wholesale company and do not currently need a shopping cart. Since I accept credit cards via a different venue, I still have to be PCI compliant. After the merge I was notified that the error was due to "Web Server Uses Plain Text Authentication Forms". I went into the design area and I am guessing I need to have the form fields deleted in the Setup & tools section. I tried to do it but it shows these options are built in and can't be deleted. I was thinking the other option is to apply an SSL that I have but there is not an option for me to apply that under Setup & Tools (although "help" states there should be). Sandy
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll have to do some research for you as this is a bit different. How exactly to you accept payment? Normally the sites that we sell already have the SSL installed.

Mike
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

what is SSL? I'm using Autherize.net
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

nevermind, sorry not my question
Photo of sandy5023

sandy5023

Credit card given over the phone (verbal). We use Virtual Merchant software that is very secure but the error appears to be due to the transfer to Bigcommerce and the "form" section creation of passwords (that we don't use). If I can install a 3rd party SSL I hope to eliminate the problem but it doesn't give me the option. This is silly since the web site has nothing to do with credit cards but the scan is reading it somehow. We use Security Metrics for PCI compliance.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I am a bit confused. Why are they scanning the site if you are not processing cards through it?
Photo of sandy5023

sandy5023

Because we are still processing over the internet so the whole server & computers are scanned. PCI compliance is a bit overkill and they don't make exceptions.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll need to do some more research on this. I believe the link do do this was removed since we are automatically including the SSL (assuming payments are being processed through the website). I'll check with our partners at Bigcommerce to see if there's a way to do this.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

According to our partners at Bigcommerce, they did remove the option to add your own SSL. However they also stated that the report may be generating a false positive. Do you happen to have a scan report that you can post?

Mike
Photo of sandy5023

sandy5023

Mike I just sent a PDF to your email
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi sandy5023, I had the techs from BC take a look at your scan report.

The report implies that their is a password form that is being submitted via non-secure methods,

"Web Server Uses Plain Text Authentication Forms"- this is the item that causes the scan failure.

but all the password forms should be only on the secure pages. I checked the site but didn't find any customization that would allow for password forms on non secure pages. The only forms on non secure pages are for non sensitive info like preference of Sort Order on the category page.

You might confirm with client they don't have other sites being scanned as well or scanned before migrating or something like that, or if it is in fact a threat detected on stores.thefencingpost.com /
store-yvewazb.mybigcommerce.com
to provide more details about which form is causing the error. It seems to be an erroneous detection as far as I can tell.

Unless you have some forms on the page that we are not seeing, you might need to contact the company you are working with and tell them you beleive it's a false positive.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

Here are the before and after pictures of the Washington shipping error. Notice that my customer has clearly choosen "United States" as his country.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

please explain how to set up a tax exempt code for my in state customers that hold reseller permits. I was trying to get support after a lengthy hold with Anthony Sanders who suggest I search "tax" at http://support.bigcommerce.com

That's ridiculously vague, please provide proper support.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

situation: A customer orders several items and is charged tax on all items. Then returns only 1 item...how do I refund her so that the refund includes the item price and the refund? I can do the math but it seems like bigcommerce should know what is tax and what isn't so I can run proper reports. Please answer this questions.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

typo: how do I separate which part of the refund is product and which part is tax for reporting purposes?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

When you do a return you have the option to partially or completely refund the item. It should calculate the tax per that item. The sales tax report should also keep that straight for reporting.

Have you seen a different behavior?

Drew
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

I see the option to partially refund, when I choose that it lets me enter the amount to refund. It does not add the tax or break down the tax. That is why I'm concerned. I did complete the partial refund for my customer and that is what happened.
Photo of Fencing7181

Fencing7181

please answer this
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry we have not gotten back to you on this question, we are working hard to answer all questions in the order they are received. If it helps, we've set up another support line for questions pertaining to Bigcommerce issues only. You can find the phone number here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry we have not gotten back to you on this question, we are working hard to answer all questions in the order they are received. If it helps, we've set up another support line for questions pertaining to Bigcommerce issues only. You can find the phone number here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Angel4731

Angel4731

• 60 Points
Having a problem with the transition of our store. There was two paragraphs of text on our main page that I'd like to remove but I have no idea as to which file contains the text so I don't know how to do it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If it is on your homepage, then go to the Bigcommerce store administrator and click on the marketing tab, the View banners. Edit the homepage banner.

Drew
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
To better serve all of our Bigcommerce Storefront customers we have set up a support line dedicated to Bigcommerce related questions:

If you have questions specifically pertaining to your Bigcommerce Storefront website, you may call 866-940-8652.

IMPORTANT: This number is only for Storefront customers on the Bigcommerce Platform. Any questions with regard to other Homestead products and services ie. Billing, Sitebuilder, Prostores, Simplestore, etc. please continue to use our other channels of support; Live Chat, Community or 800-710-1998

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.