Will switching to Website Builder from Sitebuilder effect my search engine rankings?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

My current site www.ruggedretrievers.com has been hosted by Homestead for almost 5 years. I use sitebuilder for the site. If I switch to Website Builder will this effect where I come up on searches. After having my current site for 5 years, I am consistently showing up on the first page of most searches. If I switch to Website Builder will I fall in the search engines?
Photo of Jo Anne1746

Jo Anne1746

• 546 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,212 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think the jury is still out on this Jo Anne as no one has had a site up long enough to really tell if there is a difference - or at least no one has reported back.
If you keep the page names the same it will help. There may be an initial drop, but the Search Engines should still see it as the original if you stick with the same title, description and keywords within the content.
No guarantees though unfortunately.
Nice site by-the-way.  :)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I can agree with Susan's response..the official line is.. with any major change on a website, there will be a "hit" however, the "responsiveness" of the new builder will be well received by the major search engines so, in theory, it would only be a short step back for a big leap forward.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.