Why won't my credit card bill? I've tried to update it but it won't authorize.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

If you've tried to update your credit card online, but it won't authorize or keeps declining, you may need to check with your bank. Following is a list of the most common reasons your card may decline:

• Bank does not allow $1 or $0 transactions

• Bank does not allow online payments

• Bank does not allow payments for online services

• Bank has charge for Homestead Technologies listed as “possibly fraudulent”

• Bank does not allow charges in US Currency

• Zip code connected to the card is incorrect.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of giorgi0101

giorgi0101

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hate to be suspended:(
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change payment details from an Amex card to another Amex card . System rejects ne....

I want to change payment details from an Amex card to another Amex card and the website keeps asking to re-enter cc details. This is very frustrating.
Photo of David8832

David8832

• 1,190 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I had a very similar problem, in the end my bank telephoned the card company and requested that they accepted the fact that I wanted to allow my card to pay Homestead - within 30 minutes I tried again and it was accepted OK.

This was a nuisance and my company website was offline for a short time because of it.
It was the Card Company's fault - However I had a problem actually speaking with someone at Homestead - I am in Spain.
I think communications could be a whole lot better.
I also think that other methods of accepting payment should be made available, after all we.. the customer is trying to pay money to this entity and sometimes it is not easy.
If it were a bar you would simply walk out and go to another.
This is not the way we expect the USA to be after all you mastered the art of selling are you now prepared to loose because you can only accept payment in a singular way?

Best regards and good luck David
Photo of Gary7849

Gary7849

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to update payment info and Live Chat is not working. Need help from a huma....

Trying to update billing info, error message says cannot authorize. Info entered is correct. I can see $1 transaction at my bank online. Tried to use live chat but unavailable. Would like to speak with a person to resolve.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Chat is up and running. If you have a cookie error, clear your browsing history. You can read this topic for credit card issues. You may also call our support department.
Photo of RR9009

RR9009

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled UNABLE TO UPDATE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD.

I am trying to update my credit/debit card for my website payments to be drafted from each month as I have a new card. In error, I changed it to a debit/credit card that I do not want the payments to be drafted from. I keep trying to reenter the correct card and info, but every time I choose to save, it tells me that my card is invalid. Please help.
Photo of David8832

David8832

Hello RR9009,
I too had this problem and in the end it turned out to be the fault with "Mastercard" they had some sort of security attached to the card.
I suggest that you contact the bank who issued the card to you and they then they can in turn speak with the card company who can lift this security tag and all will be well.
Once I had someone at my Bank who knew the problem it took just half an hour before the card worked fine.
Let us all know how you get on.
Best regards, Dave
Photo of RR9009

RR9009

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your help.

I called my bank prior to requesting help from Homestead and they claim that it was not on their end. I ended up having to give my card info to a Homestead rep via phone to update my card as it (Homestead's system) would not allow me to do so.

Unfortunately, no one on either side could tell me what caused the error, but at least it is updated.

Thanks again for your reply.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure what could have happened. All our system does is pass the info to the processor and ask for an approval, but I am glad you were able to get things corrected.
Photo of David8832

David8832

Hi RR9009.
You're welcome.

Exactly the same thing happened to me and I thought it was Homestead's fault until I got someone who knew exactly the problem, he then phoned "Mastercard" they did the necessary and within 30 mins everything was OK updated the card details no problem..... it just seems to be that you need an experienced person on the bank help desk.
Photo of John6986

John6986

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
tried two current cards?? Why is it turning me away??
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The engineers have been working on the billing system today. This may be causing the problem.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It should be resolved if you want to switch it now.
Photo of Israel2698

Israel2698

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have tried several times to input my new credit card information. Keeps giving ....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.