Why is Password Protect only available on some of my websites and not others?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have several different websites, and when in SiteBuilder under Page Settings --> Advanced Settings, the set a password option is only there on some of my website and simply missing on others. I have attached two photos to show the difference.
Photo of Danica0159

Danica0159

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Great question Danica,

Sites that do not use Master Templates will always have the password field available on every page. However newer sites that were created with SiteBuilder Plus and include the Master Templates, have a feature where this can be turned on or off. If you need to set a password for a page, but don't see the option, click the "Background, Links, Footer" tab, and then you will see a button that says "Set for this page". After selecting that button, then go back to the "Advance Settings" tab, and it will show the password field.

(Edited)
Photo of Danica0159

Danica0159

Quick and Helpful
Photo of Danica0159

Danica0159

Thanks Mike!

If I have other questions on a different SiteBuilder topic, can I continue with them here or must I submit a new thread?

I've tried calling for help but was on hold for over 40 minutes so eventually needed to end the call.

Kindly,
Danica
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It's best to create a new thread if you can't find a related topic. If there is a related topic, I'll merge the post into that particular thread.
Thanks for asking!

Mike
Photo of Danica0159

Danica0159

Thanks Mike, I'll organize my questions and post them either to independent threads or the closest open ones I can find.
Photo of John5204

John5204

• 1,052 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can my home page be password protected.

Effectively, I need to password protect the entire site. If that is possible, how do I do it?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You'll have to follow the steps above for each page. There's not a process to password protect the entire site in one step.
Photo of Jonathan T.

Jonathan T.

• 6,474 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

I'm not sure why, but it seems when I password protect a certain page, some of my navigation bar disappears?

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell us which page it is.  I'll take a look at it. There was a bug causing this problem but it would generally remove the whole navigation bar, not just part of it, so your issue may be something a little different.

Mike
Photo of Jonathan T.

Jonathan T.

I took it down because of the issue. It actually was all of the navigation bars. Is there anything to fix this issue?

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No, sorry there's not a fix in place at this time.
Photo of Jonathan T.

Jonathan T.

Do you know of any third party software to embed to password protect? Ive been using AUTHPRO who you guys suggested a long time ago, but it costs money to embed the code.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you do a Google search for "password protect website", you'll find numerous free tools. 

Mike
Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is there still no fix for the disappearing navigation bar? I try and password protect my index page but then my navi bar completely vanishes.  I'm using Sitebuilder Plus in Firefox 28.0 on a MacPro running MAC OSX 10.6.8.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Nick5507,   Sorry, but that issue has still not been fixed.

Photo of Henson2062

Henson2062

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi! I still get this issue.  It has been almost a year now. Is there a fix for disappearing navigation bar?
Photo of Elizabeth0579

Elizabeth0579

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have this problem.  What can be done?  It does not help to password protect if you can navigate off that page?  That messes up my whole plan.  Can you help?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Elizabeth0579, If you have a master page template, then you will need to turn off the master page on any page you with to place a password.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.