Why is launching Sitebuilder takes so long?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

For the past few weeks, launching Sitebuilder is extremely slow. It takes approximately 10 times longer to launch Sitebuilder. I have two accounts and the same problem occurs on both. Have you changed something in the process?

It looks as it it loads a lot of files everytime. Even if I shut down Sitebuilder and restart it immediately after, it takes as long to load. What is the problem?
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

• 1,496 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We have not made any changes to the desktop Sitebulder in years, but there could be a variety of reasons it's loading slow, ISP speed, security software, and many other things.

Are you having trouble with it or the online SiteBuilder Plus.? If you are not using the Plus version, it will likely work much faster. for you.

Mike
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

• 1,496 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Homestead is a full of bugs and there is noone qualified in Intuit to support it correctly. Community is a useless tool because it is disorganized and finding our way in there is impossible.

Off the many requests I submitted none got solved. I dunno why I am back in here asking questions because it's a total waste of time. As I expected, you dunno what the problem is and you are not willing to find out what it is. Instead, you suggest that I used Sitebuilder Plus. It's like if I go to the garage with a mechanic problem you suggest that I use another of your model. Wow!!!

II have been using Homestead for 15 years and now that it is with Intuit it is a real drag and has more bugs than ever. If I could easily move to another provider I would do it immediately. It seems that you don't realize that your Sitebuilder is full of problems and that there are some people working in their basement on a program that would allow your clients to transfer their site to another service provider. When that happens, you will probably loose the majority of your clients.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Andre1708, Sorry for the frustration you are having. The main reason that we are recommending the newer SiteBuilder Plus is because it not only has some newer design features, but it is a much more universal application which will run on a larger variety of computers. The desktop version is several years old and hasn't had any significant updates since Windows XP was the most recent OS. It will still install and run on newer machines with Vista, 7 and 8. If you've tried reinstalling the software and are still experiencing slowness, there could be a number of reasons why. You may have to contact live support if you need help troubleshooting.

We generally recommend the plus version since like almost all new software is cloud based so runs right in your web browser and requires fewer resources on your computer. I see that your most recent login sessions indicate you have been using SiteBuilder Plus. You will probably have the best experience if you use the Firefox browser also.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.