Is there a way to get rid of the "Getting Started" tab?

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

after logging in, there it is. INSTEAD of going directly to the welcome page. THEN, EVERY TIME you DO ANYTHING, there it is again. IT NEEDS TO GO.>AWAY.
Photo of Dustybear5671

Dustybear5671

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • ANGRY

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dustybear5671,

Thanks for your feedback. The Getting Started tab is unfortunately the default tab that opens when you login to your account. I've made a note to see if we could implement a box that would bypass it and go straight to your Websites Manager.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of Blossom

Blossom

• 1,104 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
That would be great. Thanks.
Blossom
Photo of DustyBear4450

DustyBear4450

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OH GOD YES...just an impediment. My attitude is this: DOES IT ENHANCE THE USER EXPERIENCE? IS WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO (in Homestead) GOING TO HELP THE HS USER DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO FASTER & MORE EFFICIENTLY> if the answer to that is NO, don't do it.
Photo of DustyBear4450

DustyBear4450

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It didn't use to be the default, and whover thought THAT was a good idea was NOT thinking of the HS USER EXPERIENCE.
Photo of Katherine8801

Katherine8801

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree! Getting rid of all the sales pitches so that I can go directly to my website manager would make it a much better user experience.
Photo of Dustybear5671

Dustybear5671

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes. But they keep throwing crap in the way/ That 'WE'RE TO HELP YOU' SURE AS HECK DOESN'T.

The other thing is...Homestead takes WAY TOO MANY pages and steps to do even the simplest things. Adding & deleting & site mover. Even the logging in. MY GOD just GET ON WITH IT. They could do almost all of it in ONE PAGE...not 5 or 6 like now. Maybe the new owners will get it together. I'm not holding my breath, LOL.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great suggestions! I agree, not everyone wants to be taken to the Getting Started screen. Perhaps a feature that would let each customer set their default home page.
Photo of Reported

Reported

• 1,660 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes I agree. "Getting Started" tab is pointless!!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
One way to bypass the Getting Started tab/page is to bookmark this url, and use this page to log in.  https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/mywebsites.action

This url will direct you to the Websites Manager page which is the most common place for people to start.

Mike

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.