Why don't the FB likes button on my website match the like number on my FB page?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My website FB like button says 73 and my FB page is up to 220 as of now and growing.
Photo of gpoundersllc7892

gpoundersllc7892

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then numbers won't match unless it's coincidence, the one on your site is strictly for the site.
Photo of Reported

Reported

• 1,660 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
A Facebook like button (which I assume is 3rd party because Homestead doesn't have a like button, on SB+ anyway) is different than a Facebook Follow or Fanpage button. Like buttons show how many people like the page it is on or the page you specified vs. Fanpage/Follow buttons show/direct people to your Fanpage.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

SiteBuilder Plus actually does have a like button. If you click insert, and then just hover your mouse over the Follow Us icons, you'll see it on the drop-down menu.

In either case the answer is the same. The like button will report the likes for the page(s) that it resides on but not your actual Facebook page.

Mike
Photo of Reported

Reported

Hmmm nice. A little off topic but how do I get the "make changes to all pages" button show up? I seen it once when I first downloaded SB+ but have never seen it since. That was months ago.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great question. That button won't show up if a website was started on the desktop SiteBuilder since those templates don't have the "master template" feature. If you were to start a brand new site and pick a template from the new gallery in SB+, you would see that button.

MIke
Photo of Reported

Reported

Oh ok. Makes sense. Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sure! NP

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.