Why do my web pages keep mysteriously getting wider? I'll set the width, edit the page and publish and all is well. The next time it is wide

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Photo of Tony3127

Tony3127

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have hundreds of pages on your account. Which site are you working on? Is it all pages? If not, give me 1 or 2 pages to look at.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tony3127

Tony3127

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew

Thank you for quick response.
Specifically it is the tonytallarico.com web site. I understand that elements on the page might inadvertently push the page wider, but I don't believe this is the case.
Last I left it - the home page (index) was 1084 wide. When I came back at a later time ... it was 1190 wide. Am I doing something (without realizing) to cause the page to grow?

Thanks, Tony
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When I look, your page widths are all over the map from 931 up to 1119, but most are between 1084 and 1102. You need to go to the page settings on each page and on the background tab, set the page widths to the same number for consistency. Save it. It should not change once you set it.

Drew.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.