Why won't the website come up when the address is entered?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am managing a website for a friend. Last year the person who managed it previously passed away. Everything was squared away and I was able to update the website. When my friend checked her website, it is NOT coming up by entering the address in the address bar. I am able to access it using the user name and password. What do we need to do? The monthly payments have been made.
Photo of Nancy5706

Nancy5706

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 69,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is the domain name registration paid up?
Photo of Nancy5706

Nancy5706

Yes.  I checked and it's been paid regularly.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

What's the web address. I'll check.
Photo of Nancy5706

Nancy5706

Thank you!  It's www.heartmountainyoga.com
Photo of Nancy5706

Nancy5706

I thought it might have to do with the ICANN contact info, but she said she hasn't received any emails from them.
Photo of Nancy5706

Nancy5706

Now that I think about it, the domain name may be expired.  When I get in touch with someone at Homestead I should be able to find out. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

If your domain name is registered with homestead, they'll be billing you monthly for domain registration. Check your account manager, under accounts in the upper right corner of the homestead website manager page. You may have your domain name registered with another vendor. Generally they send an email to notify you when the registration expires and renewal is advised. If you've changed email addresses and they've not been informed, you may not receive the notice. This happened to me.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The domain heartmountainyoga.com is expired and available for registration. You would need to re-register the domain brand new.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.