Why won't the Thank You Page that I linked to my form connect? Why does the generic Thank You Text how up instead?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I created a form and an original Thank You Page to connect with that form. From the Submit Button Settings, I selected "Page" and put in the linked page's html. I did not select "Text"; however, when I submit the form, I am taken to the "Text" which says "Thank you. Your information has been ..."
What is the problem? Why won't the Submit Form button connect with my created Thank You Page?
Photo of Lillian5078

Lillian5078

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I could well be wrong here but, once you have entered the url of your thank you page have you then clicked on the option for the link icon and chosen open link in same window / new window?
(Edited)
Photo of Lillian5078

Lillian5078

Thank you very much for your reply, but the problem has to do with the Submit Button Settings which appear when you insert a "Submit Button" at the end of the form you have created.  Two options are given for the "Thank You Page."  You're supposed to be able to link to a page you have created or link to Homestead's generic page.  Although I select to link to my page, when I publish the page, it links to Homestead's generic page.  I have successfully linked to my created "Thank You Pages" in the past.  I am wondering now why this feature is not functioning properly. 

Photo of Peg

Peg

• 840 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem!  It worked fine before, but now I can't get the "Submit" button to take me to my custom built Thank You page.

Also, all of a sudden, when the form goes to my email, it comes as a paragraph of text, not a form.  It's very hard to read and pick out the details I need to use. Any help would be much appreciated.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Peg. You have even more pages than Lillian. Can you tell me which page(s) have a form that is not going to the Thank you page?
Photo of Peg

Peg

Here is the link to the page with the form: http://www.studdogcentral.com/AA-ListYourStud.html
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We have seen this with a few customers. I have passed your sites to the developers for investigation.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Lillian, I just realized how many pages you have on the site. Which page is the form on?
Photo of Lillian5078

Lillian5078

Hello Drew,

These are the pages on which I have forms that are not connecting to the Thank You Pages I created for them:

SWI Registration:  http://www.sensiblewomen.org/B-M-Registration-Form-2016.html

Hotel Reservation:  http://www.sensiblewomen.org/B-M-HOTEL-RESERVATION-2016.html

Banquet Ticket Order:  http://www.sensiblewomen.org/SWI-2016-BANQUET-TICKET-ORDER.html

Scholarship Dinner Tickets:  http://www.sensiblewomen.org/SWI-Scholarship-Dinner-Tickets-2016.html

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. We are looking at these as well.
Photo of Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Submit Button Issue.

Submit button on my online form will not take viewers to the dedicated webpage after I updated the page info, instead takes them to the "Thank You" page. This is the form I am referring to: http://www.nysiceproam.com/Registrati...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have reported this URL
Photo of Peg

Peg

Drew, I also all of a sudden had this start...when the form goes to my email, it comes as a paragraph of text, not a form.  Again, it was coming in just fine up until a couple of days ago  It's very hard to read and pick out the details I need to use. Any help would be much appreciated.
Peg
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Peg, this appears to be a different issue. This topic is for redirects to custom pages. It sounds like you are having an issue with the email. Can you specify the pages that you have forms on? We have pre made forms and buttons. Those forms come in the HTML format. We also have custom forms which are sent in plain text format.
Photo of Peg

Peg

Drew, this problem is happening only with one page.  Other forms seem to be working, I think.  It started at the same time as the problem with not getting to the custom Thank You page, so I'm assuming it's something to do with site builder.  I even went and built a completely new List Your Stud form page, and it does the very same thing with both problems.  Here's the link to the new one that I'm using now.: http://www.studdogcentral.com/AA-ListYourStudTemp.html

Peg
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I just submitted that form and was redirected to the Thank you page as it is set up.

As for the email, this is the format of a custom email form. The contact form and contact button will send you an HTML email. The customer form does not. It sends in plain text.
Photo of Peg

Peg

Up until a few days ago, it was sending it in HTML form.  What changed?

And yes, now the Thank You page is coming up correctly.  Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of Peg

Peg

I keep getting this in an email every time the form is used now: "You have made changes to the form located at: http://studdogcentral.com/AA-ListYourStudTemp.html Your old form submissions for this form have been saved in AA-ListYourStudTemp~~04062016 123043.txt. New form submissions will be sent to AA-ListYourStudTemp~443ee3dc.txt."  But I didn't change anything.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have never seen a custom form sent via HTML. Do you have an example you can post?

The other message is telling you that you are not just receiving an email of the form, but it is also posting to the text file. It is available under the edit site button. Click more and Manage forms and you can see the content of the form submissions.
Photo of Peg

Peg

1 State    NSW 
2 City    Sydney 
4 Call Name    Oxy 
5 Birth date    12 Jan 2012 
6 Registry    ANKC 
7 OFA     
12 Telephone    041 617 2449 
13 First Name    Aleks 
14 Last Name    Abadia 
15 Kennel     
16 Website    https://www.facebook.com/blueoxy/?ref=hl 
18 Size     
19 Email    aleks.abadia@esstudio.com.au 
20 Retistered Name    Emeran Blue Oxy 
22 Color    Blue 
3 Country     
8 Stud fee    $2500 
9 Ngbl     
10 POL     
11 POP    x 
17 Breed    Stafforshire Bull Terrior 
23 Other tests     
24 Pedigree     
25 Natural    x 
26 AI on site    x 
27 Shipped semen    x 
Dropdown Menu 1    Australia 
Multiple Line Textbox 1    Stocky Short, broad blue staffy with great champion blue blood lines. Calm temperament yet full of energry and ready to please. All required papers including certified frozen semen ready for national and international importation at Sires On Ice.

This is one that was sent in on June 17th.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is what it should look like. What are you seeing now?
Photo of Peg

Peg

Here is what the one that you sent today looks like: 

Country  Homestead test  State  Homestead test  City  Homestead test  
Call Name  Homestead test  Birth Date  Homestead test  Breed  Homestead 
test  Registry  Homestead test  Tests  Homestead test  Stud Fee  
Homestead test  Ngbl  Homestead test  POL  Homestead test  POP  
Homestead test  Telephone  Homestead test  First Name  Homestead test  
Last Name  Homestead test  Kennel  Homestead test  Website  Homestead 
test  Email  Homestead test  Registered Name  Homestead test  Color  
Homestead test  Size  Homestead test  Comments 1  Homestead test  
Comments 2  Homestead test  Pedigree  Homestead test  Na  Homestead test
  AI  Homestead test  SS  Homestead test 
Photo of Peg

Peg

"edit site button. Click more and Manage forms and you can see the content of the form submissions."

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.  I'm in the site builder, on the "List Your Stud" form page, and have selected the "Submit" button.  The menu on the right has 3 choices for "submit to".  I have the one checked that says only: "My Email Address".  The other two that both mention the text file are not marked. 
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is strange. I will look at it.
Photo of Peg

Peg

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I'm going to make a copy of the page called hstest, so I can play with the form a bit.
Photo of Peg

Peg

OK
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is what I receive in my hstest page. That page is an exact copy of the temp page you made. How do you check your email? Do you use Webmail, or a program like Outlook?

A visitor to your Web site has filled out the form located at:
http://studdogcentral.com/hstest.html
 Country 	Homestead test
State Homestead test
City Homestead test
Call Name Homestead test
Birth Date Homestead test
Breed Homestead test
Registry Homestead test
Tests Homestead test
Stud Fee Homestead test
Ngbl Homestead test
POL Homestead test
POP Homestead test
Telephone Homestead test
First Name Homestead test
Last Name Homestead test
Kennel Homestead test
Website Homestead test
Email Homestead test
Registered Name Homestead test
Color Homestead test
Size Homestead test
Comments 1 Homestead test
Comments 2 Homestead test
Pedigree Homestead test
Na Homestead test
AI Homestead test
SS Homestead test

Photo of Peg

Peg

I'm not sure what you're asking...not literate in that area.  My email is Zoho, through Homestead, I believe.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am going to forward my email to yours right now. Tell me how it comes in your email.
Photo of Peg

Peg

Country Homestead test State Homestead test City Homestead test Call Name Homestead test Birth Date Homestead test Breed Homestead test Registry Homestead test Tests Homestead test Stud Fee Homestead test Ngbl Homestead test POL Homestead test POP Homestead test Telephone Homestead test First Name Homestead test Last Name Homestead test Kennel Homestead test Website Homestead test Email Homestead test Registered Name Homestead test Color Homestead test Size Homestead test Comments 1 Homestead test Comments 2 Homestead test Pedigree Homestead test Na Homestead test AI Homestead test SS Homestead test
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, so it seems to be your email removing the formatting. In your email, under settings, are there any settings for formatting incoming mail? HTML vs plain text, etc.
Photo of Peg

Peg

I can find all sorts of options for outgoing mail, but can't find anything for the incoming.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This community tends to put spaces where they should not be. I am going to take a screen shot of my email and post it here. You should be able to right click and save it. Show it to them and show them what you get and see what they say.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Photo of Peg

Peg

"They"?  Where am I supposed to put this?  To Whom?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I'm sorry, to Zohomail. This is a 3rd party mail provider.
Photo of Peg

Peg

OK, I'll do that.  Thanks so much for all of your help!  I really appreciate it!

Peg
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No problem. Let us know how it goes
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
for what its worth I use yahoo for my incoming form mail from homestead and its always been OK. Great work Drew. I do get anoyed when people nag you tech guys. I have not had many probs but always had good service and problems solved.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am here to be nagged. Fortunately, I understand that it is the nature of the position. People have a problem that needs fixing. We do our best to help.
Photo of Lori4662

Lori4662

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also having the same problem.  It was working, taking me to the page I created after hitting submit.  Now all I get is the generic thank you.

Here are the two pages with the submit buttons:

Heroes Ride form:  http://mibhv.homestead.com/MBHV-RIDE-FORM.html?_=1459913359427

Contact us:
http://mibhv.homestead.com/Contact-Us.html
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you have a custom thank you page configured on your submit button, can you please check it now to see if it is redirecting properly? Our test sites are redirecting now.
Photo of Lillian5078

Lillian5078

Hello Drew,

Thank you for assisting me with the submit button redirect.  It's working!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear it!
Photo of Lori4662

Lori4662

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Working!!  Thank you!
Photo of Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

Mine seems to be working correctly now - thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.