why doesn't my website operate correctly on mobile devices? How can I fix this?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Solved
My website features are not working correctly on mobile devices? How do I fix this layout to look more like the laptop layout and to make the buttons I have work correctly? Also, no one is able to submit a comment or question on the "contact us" tab on my website, it keeps saying there is an error in what they wrote in the box.
Photo of Tranquilino7244

Tranquilino7244

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,378 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can use the mobile editor to re-arrange elements to get layout you like. If you want the mobile website to look exactly like your desktop version you can set it to desktop view from the mobile settings tab on the left. 

In regards to the contact form, I am not able to replicate any problem. I was able to fill out the form and submit the information with no issues. 

If you are receiving an error would you mind sending a screenshot of the error you see? 
Photo of Tranquilino7244

Tranquilino7244

Where can I find the Mobile Settings tab to edit? This is my only view of the settings 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,078 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Click on the mobile phone icon at the top of the editor. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-editing-the-mobile-site
Photo of Tranquilino7244

Tranquilino7244

This is the part I was referring to that does not let me submit on our website. 

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I got that resolved, it is working now. For some reason it needed to be check marked as optional from the manage from settings. 
Photo of Tranquilino7244

Tranquilino7244

Great thank you for your help! 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. 
Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle,

My name is Torrey and you assisted me a couple of weeks ago in getting to urls to point to the same website, which is so great, and I am so grateful for your help with that. I just made some changes to the Contact Us page on site (affinityoregon.com) and now the mobile version looks awful. Unfortunately I did not read up on editing the mobile site at the same time as the desktop site; therefore it is now a mess. I am hoping that there is a way for you to assist me with fixing up the mobile version without having to start over on the desktop version. In fact, at this point I'm not exactly sure what to do. I am under the gun too, because we have a big event on Tuesday morning so I know people are going to start viewing the website afterwards. Is there anything that you can do to help me?

Following are the things that I need to adjust:

1. The footer on the mobile version breaks a phone number apart, so I think my only option is to move that phone number down a line, but I don't know how to do that.

2. On the Contact Us page the beige colored square at the top under Anna Laemmert BSc, etc. either needs to be removed or resized. I noticed that the beige squares beneath some of the text on the site are not showing up on the mobile version, which is not a big deal, but this one definitely needs to be adjusted.

3. On the Contact Us page I need to move the Spokane, WA address below the corresponding map.

4. On the mobile version of the Testimonials Page the arrow in the button at the bottom of the page is facing the wrong way, so I'm hoping that can be replaced with a different arrow/next button.

Thank you in advance for your assistance Michelle. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Torrey
torrey@affinityoregon.com
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 11,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can help you out. For the phone number in the footer if you add some padding in the mobile text box it will move the phone number all on one line. Select the text box, click advanced, from the right click on size and position and add a little bit of padding. 

For the beige box on the contact page it is adding that additional space because it is trying to integrate the additional space you have on the desktop. I would recommend closing in the text box on the desktop and just place a beige rectangle behind the text on desktop. 

On the Contact page you can move the Spokane, WA address by clicking it and dragging it below the corresponding map.

For the arrow that is pointing the wrong way, select it from the desktop page and change the icon to an arrow that points the right way. 

Hopefully this helps, please let me know if you need further assistance. 
Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

Hi Michelle,

You are so awesome! I cannot thank you enough for getting back to me so quickly with all of these solutions. It has been a crazy day in preparation for our seminar tomorrow; therefore I have not yet had an opportunity to work on these issue, but I wanted to get back to you so that you knew I received your response. I am planning on working on the mobile site tomorrow or Wednesday, so I will let you know if I need some further assistance. One thing that I did notice last night is that the arrow on the Testimonial page does not show up on the desktop version, so I cannot do anything with it. Do you have any idea why this is and what I can do about it?

Lastly, the beige box is not showing up behind the text on the About Us page on the mobile site, which I thought wouldn't really matter; however without it being there the text is too difficult to read. Can this be fixed?

Thank you again very much for giving me solutions to each of these issues.

Torrey
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are so welcome. The arrow on the testimonial page is a little bit off to the right and may be being cut off if you have a smaller screen than what I use. I have pulled it in closer to the testimonials and switched it to the correct direction. You should be able to see if now on the desktop page. 

For the background color on the about us page. We do need to manually reset the color from the mobile editor. Select the text box, click style and set the background color to beige. 

Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

Hi Michelle. You are awesome! I have been really busy with work stuff so I just started making the corrections last night. Everything on the site looks so great now (thanks to you), with the exception of the following two small issues:

1. On the Testimonials page the box with the arrow is still facing backwards and I am still not able to see it on the desktop view, except for when I hit preview. Then it shows up and when I roll over it it turns bright red. Since I am not able to see the arrow, and therefore am unable to edit it, would it be possible for you to try to change the direction of the arrow, or even just replace that arrow with a different button (either an arrow or next)? If you are going to keep this button and just change the direction of the arrow so that it points to the right will you please change the rollover color to either one of the following two colors that I've been using on our site, and just go with whichever color you think looks the best:
RGB - 6C553B - Brown 
RGB - CADAB0 - Beige

2. On the Home page under 'What We Do' when I rollover the three images on the desktop view they turn a reddish color and have an eye icon in the center of them, Note: it does not do this on the mobile view. I don't know what is causing that and what I can do to make that go away, help :) 

Again, thank you, thank you for ALL of your assistance, I am so very grateful!

I hope you have a wonderful week Michelle,
Torrey
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No worries, always glad to help. I have changed the arrow to point in the right direction and it looks good on this end. Double check to make sure you see it also.
For the red hover effect, these do not show on mobile as there is no mouse used to rollover elements but I went ahead and turned it off by going to the settings and disabled the "show hover effects". It should look good now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

Hi Michelle. Thank you again so very much for assisting me again!! The mobile site looks great, and the hover affects are gone on the desktop site; however on the Testimonials page of the desktop site it is still showing a bright red hover affect over the arrow. I would totally disable it, but it does not show up for me in the a builder version, which is weird. Do you know if there is a way to make the arrow visible for me, because I would actually really like to replace it with a different next page previous page "button". If I remember correctly, when I added the arrow button several months ago I accidentally deleted the right facing arrow, but I'm not 100% sure about that. So, I guess what I'm asking is for the current next page arrow button to be removed so that I can add a new one and be able to edit it myself without having to bug ya :) Let me know what you think. Thank you again for ALL of your help, you are so wonderful!!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Totally understand, the arrow should be visible for you, if you are not seeing it you can try zooming out on your browser window or try another browser maybe. Let me know if that works.
Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

I just zoomed out and now I can see it, YAY!!! Oh my gosh...Michelle, you are amazing and I am extremely grateful for you helping me with so many things. 

Have a beautiful day, and thank you again Michelle!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Perfect!! Glad we got that figured out. Thank you! Have a great day also. 
Photo of Faunus0949

Faunus0949

I am sooo sorry to bug ya again, but I really want to add a next page and a previous page set of arrows/buttons. As I mentioned earlier the button that's currently there was previously a set, which was added automatically when I set up the Testimonials page. I know that their isn't a second page of testimonials on the desktop version; however there is on the mobile version so I'd like it to function like a "next page & previous page button". Can you pretty please assist me with this? BTW, I am about to leave my office for most, if not all, of the afternoon; however I will be back tomorrow. Thank you Michelle.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No worries. I got it all straightened out. It should be function properly and showing arrows going in both directions that do work properly. 
Photo of Marijo6881

Marijo6881

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My editor doesn't look anything like this - how can I get this view? My mobile site is horrible using duda and I really need to be able to fix it since 70% of my traffic comes through mobile acc to GA.

Thanks for your help. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,118 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Marijo,

I do see you are currently utilizing our other platform, Sitebuilder plus. It is easy to get started in the new editor. From your account, go to websites manager and select add new website in the top right. This will add a new site to your account in the new software. Whenever you are ready, you can attach your domain name to the new site by changing the site association. 
Photo of Marijo6881

Marijo6881

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you so much for checking this. One additional question - can I copy my current site over to the new website or do I have to rebuild the whole thing?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,118 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You are welcome. It will be a rebuild but you can copy and paste your text. You will need to re-upload the images and customize any formatting. 
Here is a link to our YouTube video tutorials to help get started building your new website.
https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites  
I would recommend watching the getting started video part 1, 2 and 3 to get familiar with the builder. You can always call in also if you need help or have any questions building it.