Why doesn't Mobile site include all portions of Desk Top View?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Sections of web page do not show up in the mobile view. I have rearranged them multiple times and cannot get the same items to all appear (I even eliminated items from showing in Mobile View to allow "room" for this crucial text box to show to no avail). I am attaching a clipped image of the desk top with box circled in yellow, and a clip of the mobile view and where this should show up with a yellow arrow. Any help appreciated!! 

Photo of Susan2807

Susan2807

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • stymied

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,428 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It looks like that text is under the hidden elements. You can click to show the hidden elements, next you will want to change the background to see the text because it will show it as white text on white background.  
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-editing-the-mobile-site
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Looks like it is the second text box in the list.

Photo of Susan2807

Susan2807

Okay, thank you Michelle, I was able to find it, change the background to dark - and then - the text went all wonky! It is fine on the desk top. And, whenever I try to click on the box to highlight the text and change it, all I get is the "move item" pointer (the X of arrows). I have looked in all the menus and I cannot see where I can change the style to LEFT ALIGNMENT either. :( 
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are seeing that because the mobile is trying to incorporate all the extra spaces you added on the desktop to get the correct format you want. I would recommend re-adding that text to a new box using the formatting settings to get the layout how you want it without using a lot of spaces and it should look better on mobile. If you are not able to get it to look right I don't mind adding that for you. 
Photo of Susan2807

Susan2807

I am not sure I understand...can I create a totally different look JUST for the mobile view without changing the desktop? I have to admit, I do not find that apparent/easy to understand or do in the Mobile design side. 
I have to ask...is the Upgrade to Sitebuilder (which I used to use) easier to use? Honestly. I do not want to spend the extra money and find I am not all that better for it! But I also don't like banging my head against the wall over the frustrations I am encountering in Website Builder. 
Thanks 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, you are able to edit the text separately for the mobile site. Unfortunately some times if you edit the text on the desktop first it does lock the mobile editing. The best way to avoid any road bumps is to add the text to the desktop then go right to the mobile and make your customization for the mobile first then go back and edit the desktop. Here some instructions that may be helpful. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-editing-the-mobile-site

With Sitebuilder plus there is not a mobile site integrated with the software so if you decide to use that software you site will not be mobile friendly. With Sitebuilder plus if someone visits your website from a phone it will show exactly like the desktop version. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.