why does my published page look different from my edited page?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archives

my published page doesn't look like it did when I previewed it after edits.
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,248 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you refresh the page? Which page is the issue and what is wrong?
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

I refreshed page, I shut down my computer, I cleared my cache.  Nothing works.  When I go to your site to edit the page and click on Preview, the page looks like I want it to look.  I have even hit Publish again. When I go to http://www.bhwomansclub.info/ the page is still not correct.
Photo of Drew N

When you go to the domain it is displaying the home page first. It looks like you are editing the about us page. You can use Save as to make make the about us the home(index) by saving it as index.
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

I named the page Best.  How do I delete the other pages on View Page?
Photo of Drew N

The first page that will come up when you go to the domain name has to be named index.

To delete other pages you click on the view page and hover your mouse over the page. On the right an circle with an x will appear. That will delete the page. Do not delete the Home(index) or siteerror404
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

Now I have 2 Home (Index) and I can't tell which one is the correct one.  The one I want isn't publshing     oh dear
Photo of Drew N

Log out of Sitebuilder and then back in again
Photo of Drew N

It is not possible to have 2 pages with the same name, so if you see that, it is just a refresh issue in your browser. Logging out an in should refresh it
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

I logged out and signed in again.  Yes, now I only see 1 Homepage(Index). When I look at the page it is the correct page.  When I Publish it a different page comes up.  Sorry to be a pain
Photo of Drew N

Not a problem. Go to the live page and hit the f5 button on your keyboard. It might be a cache issue
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

Nope same page shows up.  
Photo of Drew N

It looks the same to me. Maybe you have some cache in your router too. What do you see that is wrong? Here is what I see in Sitebuilder and Live.
Sitebuilder: the greenish color is a selected element.

Live:

Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

The Sitebuilder is correct.  Live is not...you will notice the picture on tlef in the second row is of a single woman and the picture on the right in the third row is of a group of ladies sitting at a table.  In the Sitebuilder those pictures are different.
Photo of Drew N

I see. Did you use the replace option in Sitebuilder. Sometimes that doesn't work for some reason. If you delete those 2 images and add them back as new images then it should publish them for you.
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

I replaced the pictures and now my live page is finally correct.  Thanks for all your help.  You know your stuff!!
Photo of Drew N

You're welcome. I have been around a while. :)
Photo of lbdanas1034

lbdanas1034

lol So have I!  But I still keep on learning.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.