Why Does Facebook Hate My Site?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have several sites and post to Facebook from many of them.  The links from one of the sites, however, never want to load on Facebook.  Most of the time if I run them through Facebook Debugger they will show up, but, occasionally that doesn't even work.  What is it about CorunnaNOW.com that Facebook doesn't like?
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,994 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just to be clear, is this links on Facebook to the site, or links from the site to Facebook?
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Posting a corunanow.com URL to Facebook.  (Linking back to the site from Facebook.)
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 6,252 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Facebook is a waste of time, read about it here: http://markewbie.hubpages.com/hub/Facebook-is-a-Waste-of-Time
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Thanks Martin. I see a dramatic drop in traffic to my news and radio station websites when links aren't posted to social media, so, no offense to Mark Ewbie (?) but I'm going to keep doing what works.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Joshua2161,

This is called open graph meta tags. You can find numerous articles all over the internet with a search for those words about it and how it affects your site. Below is a well written article I found on it.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/open-graph-meta-tags/
(Edited)
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Great info.  Thanks for the tip.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.