Why do my website pages take so long to load. I HAVE NOT changed anything

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

While visiting my website my pages are very slow to load. I HAVE NOT changed anything recently. 
Photo of David4214

David4214

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,214 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're using Sitebuilder desktop. You may need to reorganize your files.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It didn't seem to bad to me, but it does appear that you have a large number of images on the site and many are between 100kb and 500kb. If you have several on the page then it will slow it down. You can click on an image in Sitebuilder and select optimize on the right and it will make the file size smaller for faster load times. You will need to publish the site after optimizing.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,214 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I didn't know that! Thanks Drew!
(Edited)
Photo of David4214

David4214

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I do not see how using Sitebuilder slows the loading of my webpages when in fact I have been
using Sitebuilder for years since choosing to do business here. Your correct Drew in stating that
my pages now seem to load okay. I attribute the problem to perhaps your servers or something else at the time. I appreciate the optimizing suggestion you mentioned, thank you! Since my business relies more on people viewing my products rather than text your tip is much appreciated
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It should not have anything to do with using Sitebuilder. Our new data center is faster and more modern than the old, but having many pictures on a page, requires the browser to download all images to your computer. The large the image size the longer it takes. Some of your pages were downloading several megabytes upon loading. Optimizing the images is a great way to fix that and improve page load time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.