Why can't I access Sitebuilder desktop?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Continued data migration 12/12/2014

We are currently migrating accounts to a new, faster and more secure data center. Some customers are unable to access Sitebuilder desktop. In many cases, you will be able to launch Sitebuilder Plus from within your Homestead account, so you can make your edits. We are working as quickly as possible to make the transition to the new center and get your desktops back online. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Some very large accounts with 40+ websites, or sites with several hundred pages, may not be able to launch Plus.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and assure you we are doing everything possible to resolve this.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of robert5186

robert5186

• 782 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My site builder icon will not function correctly at all.

My site builder icon will not work correctly,downloaded site builder three time and its reads offline and before reading offline reads incorrect password,i rest the password and still site builder icon on the screen still reads incorrect password and the program is offline?
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

• 2,456 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You need to completely delete Homestead from your computer in the add remove. Then run Ccleaner. I used OBit uninstaller which shredded all evidence of homestead. Then did a clean install. It is working fine for me at the present.
Photo of Nisat Electric

Nisat Electric

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SiteBuilder Desktop says "internet connection required" to publish pages even tho....

When I close SiteBuilder and relaunch to try and fix connectivity issue, I get error message stating login/password incorrect even though they were correct and worked two hours ago.  After several attempts to login with the correct information I was finally able to make additional changes but now I have updates that are saved to the local copy only so I can't just switch to SiteBuilder Plus because those changes will not be present in the online copy.  My website now has a "partial" update live.

I understand there is a migration process underway but this should not affect my access off & on for such a long period of time.  Affected website is www.FriscoElectrician-NisatElectric.com

Update: Now I can't even access the site via SiteBuilder Plus.  Really upset about this; customers should have received email notification that there would be downtime/interruptions this weekend.  Contrary to popular belief, not everyone spends time on social media and the Homestead community forum on a regular basis so this is not an acceptable way to communicate such important information.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Nisat Electric,

Unfortunately it could. If you use Sitebuilder Plus for now, then when we are completly done and you siwtch back to desktop, then desktop should identify the changed files and ask you to download them. You can switch back.

Drew
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

You need to completely delete Homestead from your computer in the add remove. Then run Ccleaner. I used OBit uninstaller which shredded all evidence of homestead. Then did a clean install. It is working fine for me at the present.
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Guess I should get part of Drews salery for helping customers of Homestead??
Photo of Craig9668

Craig9668

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled internet connection issue.

My internet is connected but the homestead program is offline and i am trying to publish a page.  Went to Proxy and added https://www.homestead.com as trusted and even turned off internet security program for 10 minutes and retried with no good result.  Need help in getting online so i can publish my pages.  Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Craig9668,

Unfortunately, we are still migrating. Depending on how much you have edited, you might be able to use Plus, but you would have to remake the edits. If it was extensive, some people have had success trying repeatedly.

Mileen3055 had success with a clean install. Here's what she did,

I haven't seen anyone else try it yet, but it might work for you as well. Just make sure to use the cleaner after uninstall, as that is the difference between what I have seen fail and Mileen3055's success.

Drew
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

OBit uninstall is a partner to Advance system care that removes malware, defrags and repairs your registry. Been using it for 6 months on this real old XP windows and Old Dell and I know if I hadn't of used it my computer would have bit the Dust!!
Not to say the Least I'm up and running with a Clean install Site builder Desktop and NOT Cpmplaining!!! Thanks you very MUCH!! So you do not know everything you think you KNOW!! LT TRAGG!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

• 1,438 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Says you, and windows xp is the most unstable os out there with no security updates. 
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Well obviously Shawn aka Cezar aka Lt Tragg's it does work - perhaps not for everyone, but Mileen seems to have had success with it. I use CC Cleaner on a regular basis and find it really helps my computer's performance. I'm not familiar with IOBit so would be interested in knowing where you got your information about it being malware as I'd like to read up on it.
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Thanks Susan!! The proof is in the Pudding!! For your info Lt Tragg!! My windows XP has been updated to windows 8. God!! When will you ever stop Playing the Know it all???? Knock it off!! I have site builder desktop and it is running as far as I know. Also am a webmaster with websites up on the first page of google without paying for keywords. Some men can't stand a smart woman, and I'm 68 years old!!
Also have a you tube channel too!!!!!!! lol 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Advance system care takes care of any malware and keeps my system clean working on a regular basis. I believe Obit came in the package with it.. Running an old Dell with Windows XP updated to Windows 8!!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

IOBIT has the worse reviews ever in the history of malware software available to human beings.  IOBIT registry cleaner is #1 if you buy the pro version for $30 with one really big exception it dumps icons all over your computer, three in the recyclebin by itself and there really hard to get rid of. 
Word to the wise if your new to these programs esp CCleaner you better get help using it, it will delete files you will have to pay to get back on your PC for your programs to run right. 
Registry Cleaners by nature are the #1 Ransomware out there. These people are having all these "registry" problems with their systems, I can't even imagine how that's happening. 
I can compare the current Homestead glitch as trying to pass a kidney stone, but you get into all this registry crap and it's compared to terminal cancer for your system. 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

I don't have extra Icons all over my desk top?? I may have the $30. one. So what is $30.00 if it keeps your system running good. Old Dell with XP updated to windows 8 seems to be hoping along great for me. You just don't know how to use the programs that you have discussed. There is a Box that you click on to Skip the extra add ons and not get those extra Icons from tag along programs that can come with a download. 
Photo of Robert9322

Robert9322

• 802 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Please.  The rest of us have no use for these arguments.  We are waiting for word from Homestead regarding the migration.  Thanks!
Photo of dave3007

dave3007

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree with Robert here. I look forward to them resolving the issues.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I got 24+ emails today about another work-around by installing iobit malware and doing a registry cleaner. It don't work and your not only putting your computer at risk for malware and ransomware all your banking and personal information is also at risk. i knew this would not work because I tried to install sitebuilder lpx/desktop on computers that have never seen homestead. Homestead sitebuilder lpx/desktop is dead in the water right now.

(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

You have got things so twisted to your advantage. You can't seem to understand Advance system care is what deletes and takes care of my malware. Iobit cleans of the existing files so when you do a clean install It should run perfectly. No matter my Homestead site builder is Just fine. I guess it fires you up because I have been able to bring up and edit and publish with Sitebuilder and you can't!!

I came on here to HELP NOT TO ARGUE WITH YOU AND YOUR EGO!!
HOMESTEAD IS NOT DEAD!!!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

I still have Sitebuilder up on my desktop. Just downloaded all of my files to my existing website. Everything is working fine inclucing my computer too dispite your evaluations of me and what I use to do it with. The Proof is in the Pudding. So instead of upsetting people with your evaluations of me you need to just go and see about getting your own sitebuilder desktop up and running. I will be glad to be of help if you need me. Everything does work for those who know how to use it.

Have a great afternoon and Good luck with Deleting and doing a clean install of Sitebuilder Desktop.
Mileen
Photo of Robert9322

Robert9322

From my perspective (as a result of talks with higher level techs at HS), SOME of HS customers will have SiteBuilder restored before others.  There is no priority for some customers, just when you are lucky enough to have yours working now.  Glad yours is working for you.  The rest of us will be patient and expect it all to propigate for us all soon.   No use giving others false hopes and sending others down the wrong path.
Patience!!!
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

All I did was delete HS and do a clean re-install. Where does Luck come in? Being patient is good but it doesn't help installing Homestead sitebuilder and get it back up and running. No one else will do this for you. 
(Edited)
Photo of Robert9322

Robert9322

Just a suggestion that others not try to look "outside" for a fix to the current roadblocks to all our work.  We must indeed be patient for the completion of this migration of data.  The uninstall/reinstall may be a good idea and anyone who wants to "clean their machines" with any (good) orogram will also help in this process, but the most important ingredeient in all this is HS's completing the migration of data for these many thousands of websites.  There are lots of us with many client accounts riding on how quickly this is resolved.  Keep the faith one and all!!! 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

I have been building websites and working with Sitebuilder desktop longer than some of those higherlevel Techs at HS. I have always had to find a way to do things because most of them look up the steps in a manual. With my age and wisdom of building websites and following the steps I have learned that there is more than one way of doing things. While others are being patient I'm working and accomplishing things. This is the difference. The migration that your talking about works faster than the speed of light. No difference than moving Broadband from one satalite to another one to upgrade service to customers. I had a customer who wanted me to post something on her website. I was telling her to be patient. It did not work. I realized I had to do more than just be patient. Now I'm up and running. Drew came up here and gave the steps to do an un install and a clean reinstall. Now why would he do this if we needed to be patient?
Mileen
(Edited)
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

That's 100% wrong and misleading information you don't need to download tobit to run homestead. 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Bird Brain! That isn't what I said? I'm sure someone else won't read it as you did. You need it to get all the file fragments from HS in your computer before you do a CLEAN re-install unless you know all the steps. This saves a lot of time. I'm the one that's up and running Homestead sitebuilder desktop and selling like nothing ever happened while others are not. This is no Arguement this is PROOF that you don't know what your talking about!!!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

Try to program 70,000 ISP addresses and see how long it takes. This is the migration task at hand for Homestead Programmers. There is no work-around just wait for them to complete the migration. 
Photo of Deborah5635

Deborah5635

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They should have given customers PRIOR NOTICE before taking down sites for over a week!!  I think it is more like 2-3 weeks.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 3,272 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
For me, giving notice would have been nice, but doing this at Christmas was extremely bad timing.  Anybody trying to sell gifts for the holidays are pretty much screwed if people can't access your sites or if you can't make product updates.  As far as I know, my one site was affected for only one morning so far, but I've had a ton of trouble trying to find a way to update two of my websites.  I sure hope this migration thing was worth it.  Anybody just joining up with Homestead must be thinking that this web host is a real joke.  The negative comments are going to run rampant.
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Well I'm back up and running. I was only down for less than 24 hours. I can update and edit my websites because I was able to delete homestead and clean out my computer and do a clean reinstall. If I can help you I will be glad to. All this compaining and paranoia is senceless from all these people 
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

This timing is the worse business decision I have seen as a Homestead affiliate I can't imagine trying to sell this product to anyone now. 
(Edited)
Photo of William0820

William0820

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This is becoming VERY frustrating weeks of not being able to use Sitebuilder UGH!....

Sitebuilder won't even let me sign in, I realize they said they were moving accounts over to a more secure network but this is beyond frustrating when for days on end I can't even get into and manage my sites thru sitebuilder.

I tried that dumb sitebuilder plus thank God they were able to switch me back what a pain in the butt that was, but it's mid December, I have sites I need to edit NOW, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK!

I can't even understand why you guys have chosen the month of December weeks before Christmas where most websites are their busiest to do 2-3 weeks worth of moving information that disrupts being able to even sign into sitebuilder?  For me it just says wrong user name or password try again, yet I try over and over knowing my user name and password are correct, I can sign into homestead.com but using that plus thing is annoying I hate it and there are many issues I have while trying to even do simple edits that I have no problem with using sitebuilder.

I am just so frustrated I don't even know what else to say or do but you guys need to FIX this stuff so we can edit our websites in sitebuilder!

UGH
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

I had the same problem too! I just deleted Sitebuilder and cleaned out my computer of files and fragments and did a clean reinstall. I have been up and running publishing more than one website! Don't just sit on it!! Good luck!
Photo of William0820

William0820

I have yet to read anyone who uninstalled and reinstalled sitebuilder desktop that it fixed their problems except Mileen3055,  If I am wrong I apologize, but I did uninstall and removed traces of homestead and reinstalled and it's still not working like everyone else who has stumbled in here, I just want desktop sitebuilder working again like everyone else, not trying to start or pick a fight.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

• 1,774 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 19 Days & Still ZERO Access.

It's now been 2 weeks and 5 days since I was able to access my desktop sitebuilder and I've now lost over $1200. They said this process was going to take 2-3 weeks.

After what I've seen, I'm sure they'll probably tell us on the 12th that it's still migrating (not working) coming back slowly and we're very sorry for the inconvenience?

I'm so disappointed in this company right now and the lack of communication, mere words can hardly express my feelings.

I've never been treated like this by any company I've ever done business with. After 15 years and thousands of hours and web pages later, here I sit with no access of any kind to my work and losing money every day. Some of my clients have been understanding, and some are highly upset with me. Thank you Endurance. I can't even log in, and haven't been able to log in for the last 19 days. Thanks for being "very sorry for the inconvenience". That really helps a lot.

If this is an example of how Endurance does business, I'm afraid I'll be migrating elsewhere. I can't login to Plus - I don't want to log in to Plus - and I will never use Sitebuilder Plus.

I sure do miss the good ole Homestead I use to know. I had no idea that the diminishing level of service, and lack of communication would ever reach this point. Very, very disappointed.
Photo of elwyn7000

elwyn7000

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why Won't Site Builder Connect?.

When I launch Site-builder it checks for a connection and says there is
no conenction and works in off-line mode. When I try to publish changes
it won't because it still thinks there is no connection. But my connection to the internet is fine.

However, if I
use my phone as a wi-fi hotspot, it connects fine.

I did have trouble with an email program too, and my
ISP said to turn off use of SSL Certificates. This worked, and my email
program works normally again. I tried to find a similar setting in
Site-Builder but couldn't.

Is there a setting for use of SSL certificates? Would this be the problem? Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you.
Photo of Jeffrey4001

Jeffrey4001

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have not been able to do ANYTHING with my websites for weeks!.

I have not been able to do ANYTHING with my websites for weeks! Homestead is putting my business at risk and also my customers' businesses at a great disadvantage. We are looking at a big lawsuit here.. This is absolutely unacceptable!
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Strange. I deleted mine and did a clean install and have been up and running! Publishing websites too.
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I recall the ETA for desktop to be back up was 12-12   Is that still correct  ?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Victoria6733,

That is the end of the scheduled window to get all the data moved. Exact days are hard because of many external facotrs including a few pretty major router outages last week that affect large amounts of internet traffic. Last I heard we are close to schedule.

Drew
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

It's obvious by now that there are trolls in the mists of this message board giving really bad advice probably because their mad at the service interruption. Use Sitebuilder Plus for now and hopefully Sitebuilder LPX/Desktop will be working by the 20th. I'm starting to have serious doubts about it coming back up tomorrow as planned. I have so much time and everything invested here my email accounts, 35 domains 200+ sites. 
As an Affiliate salesman for Homestead Technologies it's going to be really hard to sell their products now. To many bad reviews, and it will take years for the dust to settle.
They never updated their banners on Commission Junction they still have the Intuit name on them, I did'nt even know they changed hands again. There doesn't seem to be anyone even running the affiliate program. Most big companies send out an Affiliate Newsletter and all kinds of sales items. 
As part of the Homestead Family which generates $76 million annually for EIG I'm really disappointed with the service. I'll be looking for a better hosting service provider in 2015.
Google Adsense lets you have 50k sites by default. I can't imagine having that many sites and then trying to move them because of bad service. I think that's what a lot of these big hosting companies count on, once a person gets set up on their service it's really hard for them to move and where would they move to? 

(Edited)
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

Or...if SB Plus doesn't work for your site, then use the Desktop version and vice versa.  I have to use both programs right now because my large site won't open on SB Plus.  It takes an extremely long time for a large site to open with the Desktop version, but it eventually loads so I can make changes.  Under these circumstances, you just have to do whatever it is that you can do  as a work-around until this thing is done.  
(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Well I have four of my websites uploaded already. Been making changes and publishing them daily. I didn't wait. There is work that needs to be done on our end to get up and running again. It just doesn't just come to you. The files are out ther already. They have been there already. You just have to delete what you have in your computer and do a clean re-install if you can't log on!! Good luck!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

and so far that has not worked for anyone other than Migraine3055
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

Mileen,

You're forgetting one aspect of this migration headache...although some of us have successfully (with much effort) figured out a way to update our sites, a more serious problem exists. Our sites are not accessible to our customers.  It's intermittent, but nonetheless, it's a serious concern especially during the holiday shopping season.
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Yes it is. It just happened to me!! 
ERROR ALERT

We detected the following error from your website: Server Closed ConnectionURL: http://www.poodle-mix-puppies.com/index.html 

Time: 2014-12-11 15:48:01 -0500

Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Yep None of my websites are coming up with Homestead!! Thanks God my main website is Hosted with Yahoo.com http://www.fancypoo4u.com 
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

This is bad for sure.  Even updating my site is a problem now too because some of my nfo is missing from my pages.  I can't figure it out because I'm using the desktop version. I loaded some new pages tonight, and they were corrupted.  The pages I loaded this morning were fine. 
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Your Web Site is no longer on error
URL: http://www.collettscountrykennel.comTime: Thu Dec 11 17:21:29 EST 2014Total Time on Error: 33 minutes, 33 seconds
Photo of Warren5178

Warren5178

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When will desktop sitebuilder be up again.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I should have an update tomorrow.

Drew
Photo of Warren5178

Warren5178

Give me one reason to believe you..you're stalling and not telling the truth  to all of us...I'm paying and you're not delivering..How about a class action suit?
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

A downed website is a different problem for $30 a year you can have a "FAILOVER" at http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com/ none of my websites have stopped working so far. Sitebuilder Plus will load anything I throw at it. It's much slower than S/LPX/D
I think the main problem here is we were all blindsided by EIG for the holidays and the busiest time of year for online sales. We also lost all of our stats for this holiday season. Even with a Failover the Techs talk about "don't put all your eggs in one basket."
  • have a backup plan
  • use more than one server
  • monitor your sites

PS. Most of my big affiliate accounts will not let me work on my sites during peak hrs which is 6am to 9pm eastern time. After 9:00pm Eastern all the big servers start cooling off. 
(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

I do much of my website work after midnight when Broadband is free and it works fast too.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

What does FAILOVER do exactly?  I like that idea after this mess.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

it's a mirror of your regular site if your site goes down with a server problem you can switch the site to your mirror within seconds. Experts are predicting more DDOS attacks and server outages esp with server farms. $30 a year is reasonable for a backup.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

Sounds great, now back to our original problem.

When can we access our Sitebuilder Desktop?
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Webmaster why are you so pessimistic?? and Tim I just got through bringing up my site builder edited it with pictures and published it. Why does he have the name of webmaster and I don't and I build websites too, and I have seemed to be able to solve my problem?? Also I just pulled up my website and I see the work I have done.
I guess the proof is in the Pudding Right! www.poodle-mix-puppies.com 
(Edited)
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

Migrain3055 your site www.poodle-mix-puppies.com  is not hosted on Homestead. Your also selling hosting and SEO services on another service http://www.submissionmonster.com/ 
Not exactly the alternative hosting I'm looking for nice try....
(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

You are tottaly ignorant!!  www.poodle-mix-puppies.com  is a Homestead website. I use HS sitebuilder to build it with!!!  I use Submission monster to submit my websites not host!! I'm Not selling hosting services! I'm selling dogs!! Your crazy!
(Edited)
Photo of Robert9322

Robert9322

I am getting really tired of your non constructive posts!  They are doing NOTHING to help with our problems!  Please stop them now!!!!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am also tired of Mileen's unhelpful posts showing up in my email constantly. And now to see her website -- selling mixed breed "designer dogs" over the Internet to anyone...marketing them as Christmas gifts. Ugh!
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mileen, who is the ignorant one?!.... You are selling mixed breed dogs for profit. Selling them online and shipping around the country. Stating you are AKC appproved, when your dog "breeds" are not even AKC breeds. People like you make me so sick!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I wish it were that simple poodle is registered on names.com they also offer hosting and sitebuilders. why pay homestead for something you get free on names.com? 
also when you submit your site to submissionmonstor it makes a registry log that is found in search engines to drive traffic to submissionmonstor. This is what all the submission sites do its malware. If you can't figure out how to index your pages let homestead do it for you for $3 or $4 dollars a month. ...just sayin

Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

This is a free world isn't it. Well I'm very tired of your evaluations of me. NOW STOP IT!!!!! I can treat you the way your treating me. I was up here trying to help untill you got ignorant on me!!  Michelle1994 It's a free world. I'm not up here to pick people apart or sell hosting services. So it's Jump On Mileen Time!! Go Jump on someone else. You not helping anyone with your evaluations of me either!! Your Bullying me!!!  Drew N, Social Media Specialist
(Edited)
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Stating you are AKC appproved, when your dog "breeds" are not even AKC breeds. There you go Michelle1994 Evaluating me, when the dogs I breed Are AKC dogs. Wether I breed purebred or hybrid is my business.
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Webmaster There you go again. Totally ignorant! The cheapest sitebuilder package at Name.com is $59.00 a year!!!!! Your just digging a deeper hole!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

Photo of elwyn7000

elwyn7000

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I came onto the forum to ask about problems I was having with Site-Builder not connecting. But my problem was different: I could connect if I used my phone as a wi-fi hotspot, but not if I used my normal broadband connection. I had a connection problem with an email program too, which turned out to be that the ISP doesn't use SSL certificates and my program was looking for them. Why it suddenly decided to not work after years of being this way (according to the ISP help guy) I don't know. Anyway, I got around that. But I didn't (and still don't) know how to change settings (or if there even are any?) in Site Builder for SSL certificates.

But this whole mess that is happening on here sounds awful!! Thankfully I haven't had these issues. As far as I know my web-sites have been accessible, and Site Builder connects - if i use my phone. I am hoping that all these hassles don't come my way!!

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am in Australia.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

You can make that change really easy but it is highly not recommended for security reasons. Everyone needs to stop making all these changes to their settings and just wait for S/LPX/D to come back up. 
Go to your default browser - Internet options - Advanced - Security and remove the check box from SSL 2.0 or SSL 3.0 leave TLS checked. 
Once you see it don't work go back and reset it the way it was.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

I agree with Robert wholeheartedly. We have enough going on without having to wade through the childish squabbling and the annoying graphics. Please have the decency to respect others on this board.
Thank you.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

When are we going to be able to use our software?

It's been 22 days for me and it's suppose to work today according to what was posted.

Please tell me when I'll be able to publish again?

Thank you,
Tim
Photo of William0820

William0820

I've been with Homestead well over 10 yrs dozens of sites I built and ,maintain, I need suggestions on where to start "REBUILDING" these sites one by one, I will just have to learn another building tool or something but this is beyond frustrating I got people emailing calling texting asking why newsletters from Dec 1st aren't posted yet about Holiday events and why Thanksgiving info isn't removed, I have copied and pasted Homestead's responses and it worked at first....

BUT today all hell broke loose and guess what I am losing a GREAT friend and customer over this crap!  Her boss is LIVID at her so dodo rolls downhill and I got it from both of them today via text.

VERY TICKED OFF RIGHT NOW! 

Mileen3055 a puppy dies every time you post
"Uninstall Homestead and then reinstall it that works!"
because other than you not a single person here has said it worked for them including me (yes I tried it no it's still broken like everyone else's).

I am not paying some guy $100 (but i sure would donate few bucks if someone posted a workaround), sorry Drew and Homestead but PLUS IS HORRIBLE not to mention annoying, buggy, slow and limited. 

I spent over an hr in Plus then the homestead site itself gave an error couldn't get in for over and hr and when I did finally it wasn't even saved,

I JUST NEED MY SITE BUILDER DESKTOP WORKING to retain the clients I have, save my images text and info and really appreciate some input on something that works because I think this is the final straw with homestead for me after a very long run.

Bill :(
Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

Did you run Ccleaner? Don't know. I deleted my Homestead with Iobit uninstaller and stripped my computer of any Homestead. Did a fresh clean install. Had many remarks about using a third party program from some of the Best up on here but I'm up and running, editing and publishing. Running old XP with windows 8 update??
Photo of William0820

William0820

Yep I ran CC Cleaner sorry more upset about losing a longtime client and someone I considered a friend today, I re-read her texts with her boss texts too and I see she's gotten the brunt of it all which falls back on me but even plus wouldn't work right for me, I keep saying give me time and they are having big issues not related to me at my host but they don't want excuses they want their editing done 2 weeks ago.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

Hi Bill,

The best that I've been able to find is wix.com - I started using it on day 3 of this failure because I had no choice. I build and sell websites to others and I had to have an editor. I'm using it for all of my new clients. I'm even using the free version with their branding but my customers don't care about that. They only want their sites up and running and that's the bottom line.

Although, it takes a little practice, exploring and learning, they actually offer a whole lot more than homestead, plus it's all modern and up to date tools. It even offer a free mobile site editing tool and a mobile site optimizer, plus a ton of other stuff. Kind of feels good to find another tool that does even more and they appear to really care about and appreciate their customers? Just takes a little patience, practice and learning about all the tools at your disposal.

You can even get FREE UNLIMITED WEBSITES.

Simply create a new email address for each of your clients, and use each email address as a new, unique user. You can even let them have access to the account to let them edit. Just let them know that if they mess up the work you've done, unfortunately you'll have to charge them to go back in and fix it.

I'm certainly not a representative or employee of that company either. I'm simply stating the facts because I have to have a dependable editor and hosting that I can depend on. I'm over the Homestead/Endurance smoke and mirrors.

Their actions speak for themselves and they certainly don't care about their customers. They should've given us all at least a 3 month warning on this (so we could've been prepared) and we didn't even get a 3 minute warning.

You can't even get them on the phone and from what I've read, the phone reps are from a foreign country anyway and never deviate from the script that was given them. Then we have a messenger that will be getting us an update today. Yeah right, as if this person doesn't already know. I'm sure it's probably pretty depressing for him too to have to play along with this corporate disorder. This company must be led by a bunch of headless chickens.

Someone would really need a tremendous amount of ENDURANCE to stay with a company like this. As for me, and after 15 years I'm in the process of migrating all of my work elsewhere.

Wishing you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tim
Photo of William0820

William0820

Thank you Tim, I am seriously looking into this tonight once the kids are in bed, I have a new domain I just got and wanted to start working on, yeah that's not happening with homestead, if I can figure it all out one by one I will spend weeks doing it but I am gonna DROP HOMESTEAD, they won't care I am sure but I have had it after the texts I got today - this is SO not my fault yet now I lose their business and worst of all it hurts MY reputation which for years on end with them I've been to GOTO guy for stuff.

UNREAL, thanks homestead.
Photo of Nisat Electric

Nisat Electric

I've tried Wix and a few others like it but was very disappointed.  I have another client who wanted his websites created with Serif Webplus X7 and hosted by GoDaddy.  I absolutely love this product and hope to switch all Homestead sites over to it early next year.  Editing is lightning fast, none of the time consuming delays I always experience with SiteBuilder while I wait... and wait... and wait... and wait for the program to launch and load a site for editing then wait... and wait... and cross my fingers that SiteBuilder doesn't lock up mid-publishing causing me to lose all the updates.  You can get the software on sale for about $69 and use it for unlimited sites.
Photo of William4972

William4972

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SiteBuilder Login Error.

After downloading Sitebuilder and entering my Username and Password, I get "login error - double check your username and password...contact Customer Support".

Cannot use Sitebuilder to update my websites.

I can log into Homestead fine, just not SiteBuilder.

Any solution?
Photo of William0820

William0820

William if you scroll back thru this thread you have been merged into most of us are in the same boat, I doubt you've done anything wrong they are just moving data and there are issues relating to sign in because of it.

The answers given here have been

1. uninstall and use a cleaner like cc cleaner to completely remove all traces of homestead then reinstall, i tried it no help but your choice on it (I think the systems the problem not our installations).

2. pay some guy who wants $100 per person to learn some work around (yeah no for me).

3. Use sitebuilder Plus thru homestead's site, I have done this and I absolutely cannot stand the plus builder platform, and I must warn you i spent an hr working on a site IN plus last night yet homesteads site itself died on me wouldn't even load and yeah the work is gone, so plus isn't even a real fix as far as I am concerned.

4, Be patient as Drew has been saying for 3 weeks now, it's hard when you lose clients like i did today trying to "Be Patient", but at this point the move should be done soon I hope and maybe then stuff will work.

At all times of the day and night I have had a few points where I got in after multiple tries, made an edit, saved it but had trouble publishing (kept saying I was offline) I hit connect a half dozen times and eventually it took one page but that was the extent of my success and I spent many many tries to get to that point.

Wish I had more ideas, maybe Drew can chime in but at this point after over 10 yrs and losing a client today I am done.

Bill
Photo of jackie9223

jackie9223

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Bill - My experience has been exactly the same as yours.  I have had some VERY rare moments when I was able to access sitebuilder desktop, make a small change  and then publish a page or two by waiting for the popup box to appear as Anita3148 has done.  Still waiting with the rest of you for official word, but definitely looking for a different provider.  Just can't understand why any company would do this to their clients with never a single email. 
Photo of Anita3148

Anita3148

• 854 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
OK, here we are on the 12th and no official word in how many days now???  I'm very amazed at how patient everyone has been, honestly.  When Time Warner's email was down for a week I thought a mob would form and take out the entire company!  The way we are NOT kept informed is disheartening to say the least.  This is a livelihood for many, and at the very least a big inconvenience.  The fact that some have apparently been unaffected still doesn't seem right and makes me wonder. 
For my own case, I have found that if you constantly close or click ok as each of the error boxes pops up, eventually I get the opportunity to open the desktop sitebuilder.  Once it opens it immediately shows OFFLINE.  However, I can do my edits and save, then I leave the last page open and go about my business, usually something online.  At some point, and this may take five minutes or (more usually) about an hour or more, another error box will pop up which brings me back to the homestead sitebuilder page.  I then click ok or close and find it has gone ONLINE.  As fast as possible I proceed to publish each page I have changed.  Usually it's 3 or 4 pages, and almost every time I get them all published before it reverts to OFFLINE once again.  If it reverts before I'm done, I do the same thing again - leave the page open and go online elsewhere until I once again go online (which is always evidenced by another error box).   I don't know if this will work for anyone else, and it's a royal pain in the butt, but at least I've been able to update. 
I would REALLY like an official update from Homestead brass, however.  This really is ridiculous.
Photo of Deborah5635

Deborah5635

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Either it's now fixed or what you suggested DID work.  I simply left my desktop sitebuilder up while I did other things and eventually it said "online".  I was just able to publish the page I had made changes to!  
Photo of Anita3148

Anita3148

If it's like mine, you'll find it comes and goes.  Normally I can publish the 3 or 4 pages I need to, but it usually goes offline again shortly after, and at least once it went offline before I had finished.  It's not great, but if you really need to get a few things published it's worth a shot.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

The only weird problem that I have experienced with SB Desktop is several of my text boxes failed to load.  I thought they got lost in the migration so I re-created all of the ones that were missing.  I published my pages, and I couldn't believe my eyes...there were two identical text boxes on the products!  I went back into the program end deleted all of my new text boxes.  I actually published the pages again with no text boxes visible above my products.  When I viewed my pages online, the text boxes were in fact present.  How very strange that was.  Oh, I will be so glad when this is over!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Laughing through the tears ..... Anita I commend you on your fortitude and creativeness. :)
Photo of Anita3148

Anita3148

Thanks, Susan.  It's been the only thing that has worked for me.  Originally I tried to go with the SB plus, and it worked for me two or three days then suddenly wouldn't let me in.  I hit upon the way I described by accident - by continually poking OK or CLOSE (in frustration I think I may have pounded on the keys of my keyboard a few times!) and then when the desktop editor finally opened it gave me hope.  Of course then I couldn't publish and in more frustration just left it open while I went to do something else online and save my sanity.  Then the error box popped up and miraculously showed ONLINE.  A fluke, I thought, but it has been working the same way all week.  But how very annoying not to be able to just go in and do what you have to do and get out again. 
I am a creature of habit and after being with homestead since the beginning I am reluctant to change.  However, I think maybe I can see the writing on the wall here, as they don't seem to really care about us or how this affects us.   I guess it's typical in our times, but still sad.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

I'm basically speechless at this point. It's beyond all reason how this is playing out. So I was sitting here staring at all these posts and said to heck with it and I called EIG.  The CEO is out of the country, his executive assistant isn't in today, the guy who is head of Customer Relations isn't at his desk, please leave a message, customer service itself is a hold and hold and hold proposition and I'm guessing that if I had stuck around to wait it out the person on the other end of the line would not have been from the U.S. I left a message for the Customer Relations guy, but it's 4:30 Friday their time so I'm betting I'll not hear back.
As Edith Sitwell said, "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

You're so right Anita. I've gone with wix because I had to and not because I wanted to.

However, now that I'm discovering new ways to do things and exploring new, up to date tools I'm really having fun. Just takes a little patience and a willingness to learn new things.

Can you believe it's 3:45PM (cst) and we haven't even had an update on the status of this 22 day outage? Their actions truly speak for themselves and they'll be closed for the next 2 days as well. That's a really awesome way to do business ENDURANCE. Happy Holiday's to you also.

I just don't have the ENDURANCE to continue hanging on to ZERO CUSTOMER CARE & SERVICE.

Lord have mercy!
Tim
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

Wow Susan, you hit the nail on the head!

Merry Christmas,
Tim
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

And here's hoping you have a lovely holiday season Tim. Merry Christmas.
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

I'm posting this message because this topic needs to stay at #1.

When is this PROBLEM going to be CORRECTED?

ENDURANCE NEEDS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION?
Photo of Joe8337

Joe8337

• 818 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

My big issue now is--after all of this--there is a posting on homestead system status--that it is going to be down for another week--this was posted 2 hours ago--homestead didn't know until 2 hours ago that this outage would be extended??  Drew didn't come on to tell us at this post to those who have been sitting through this quietly for 3 weeks that it is being extended??  I don't get it.  It does not make sense that a company of this size seems to really just hide behind a forum.  I have a small company--but if I was out three weeks on something--I would work day and night to fix it for my customers.  To the people involved in the soap opera on this blog---I don't get why so much time is spent fighting--most of us are reading through this blog to simply get answers.  To Webmaster--who for some reason keeps changing his name as if this thread weren't confusing enough and Maureen-who for some reason has the answer to all of this that doesn't seem to work for anyone else--we get it--you don't like each other and you will keep fighting--though in all honestly when Lt. Fragg or webmaster or baseball clicks or whatever he calls himself these days- started calling " Maureen3005" "MIgraine3005"  I was honestly in stitches--thank goodness for a little lightness in this thread. 

One more thing to the experts on this blog that are not representative of homestead--I don't know for everyone else--but I believe a majority of companies using homestead-use it because they are not necessarily tech savvy and / or don't want to pay someone to do a site because it wouldn't be worth it.  This talk about servers, try this, cc cleaner, reinstall, what speed are you using, etc---we don't know--our companies are not for building sites--they are for something else. 

The real issue that I think we need to stay together on--is that homestead has not treated it's customers with respect--at the very least--Drew should have mentioned on this thread that it will be another week for conversion--there should be representatives answering the phone and those reps should know what is going on.  We are customers---even mcdonalds gives you a free fry if they mess up your order--and they say sorry--

So, homestead--it is not that you had to change servers, or convert, or rebuild, etc---I can honestly say I don't know what any of this is, or how long it takes, or even begin to guess how to do what you do--that is why I am a customer of yours.  But I do know that I should be communicated with appropriately--and where so many customers are actually losing money--there should be some sort of redemption or reimbursement offered these loyal customers--you should care.  I'm not even in any type of sales that the holiday would affect my business--but I am in shock that homestead did not think about the time of year to do all of this--I truly feel bad and get that all the people that have sites affected by the season would be upset and venting here. 

And if Drew says that "he won't talk publicly about account information--and you should call directly" --I will lose it--hey Drew--we have called directly==no body answers the phone. 

Happy holidays everyone--I really hope you were all able to find some sort of work around for all of this--but I am sure when it is over--we will all breathe a sigh of relief together-then after the season look for another company. 

Photo of Nisat Electric

Nisat Electric

Amen!  Thank you, Joe8337.
Photo of jackie9223

jackie9223

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Totally agree.  My thanks to Joe8337 also.
Photo of ReadyRandy

ReadyRandy

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Endurance International Group, Inc. (EIG), formerly BizLand, laid off their research and development department just this last Monday, December 8th, 2014, in Burlington, Massachusetts. Claiming they needed to downsize my friend lost his job. They obviously don't need research people, just servers.  I was a little shocked to find out our data is being transferred over the internet to its new home and not copied to a server and transported to the final resting place.

I have not been able to login to homestead.com for over a week and the online chat (luckily they have a "Chat: Available" link up by the Login) keeps taunting me to keep trying and that it will be fixed soon.

I am patient, but my client is not. My client's customers are already voicing concern over the old information posted on the web and luckily I can just say - its our hosting company - homestead.

In 2015 I am looking forward to a faster loading SiteBuilder. On my fastest machine (an Intel i5 Lenovo laptop) it still takes over 3 minutes loading SiteBuilder before I can begin to open sites for editing. Other DuoCore machines still take over 10 minutes. My main site does have over 260 "index" pages and I also have over 100+ named homestead sites but I have only used a small 360mb of the 5gb.

Also, keep in mind for many years homestead.com charged a monthly fee for an extended amount of storage/web space. All of a sudden a couple years ago I saw I have 5gigabytes of storage! WOW! Thats some serious space for hosting movies and large graphics files. Homestead did not charge us for that and as far as I know, everyone got it.

I'm sure our web pages will load quicker in 2015 for our customers. And be more secure.

I am a concerned charter homestead.com member since September 2001.

Parting shot: Please allow the .PNG graphic file to be uploaded into Sitebuilder! Im tired of using HTML just to pose a .PNG graphic on my pages.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joe8337,

It was my intention to consolidate and notify everyone of the new update, but I posted it when I received it, which was later than I had wished, and was unable to do so yet. I will be merging all the topics concerning this issue into the new update to try to lessen the confusion. I hope there can be less banter and more simple information. I could spend some time removing the irrelevant and unproductive posts, but as you note, there are quite a few.

It isn't that we aren't picking up the phone, it's the phones are overwhelmed. I understand why, but if you read my entire response I also say that you can post a private conversation here in the community and we will be happy to assist. When the process has been completed, phone volume should return to normal.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.