WHOIS Info Inaccurate But My Account Info Is Accurate -- How do I update?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I recently received a WHOIS notification that contained inaccurate information.  I logged into my account and updated the information.  I believe I then received a notification that the WHOIS information was corrected.  I have since received WHOIS notification for other websites that I have, and that information remains incorrect.  But, my account information is still correct.  How do I update the WHOIS information?  Thanks!
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,994 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

All WHOIS information is pulled from the information on your domain registration. When ICANN sends the email about your information they do use default information that wont reflect your actual personal information as a privacy  precaution. As long as your information in correct under the domain contact info you are all set. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/account-update-domain-contact-info