Which direction to follow?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I've been receiving lots of calls lately from tech companies wanting to make changes to my website http://www.dadsparadise.homestead.com
I'm a little weary because I know changes could be made to improve it and make it more friendly to search engines, but which direction to go, on a very limited budget?? Any feedback on my website and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Photo of Cindy7090

Cindy7090

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
join hubspot.com
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,212 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cindy,

Your site takes me back to my youth when I pressed anything and everything. I believe there are still some in my huge old dictionary. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

About your site. First, just say no to any phone or email solicitations to design your site or SEO. You can really get burned that way. Ask yourself if you feel the site performs the way you want. Are you getting a decent amount of traffic and making sales? You're artistic, creative do you feel your site portrays that? Do you make it simple for the visitor to journey through your site? Is the site designed like a book with every page the same in design and layout? And so forth.

There are some issues in the site that won't help you with the search engines and/or visitors. I'm going to email you through your contact form on the site. I would be happy to give you some more advice if you want. Just contact me.

Best,
Susan
Photo of Mike5490

Mike5490

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Cindy,
Nice site, but the best thing you can do to get a domain name. I have lots of sites but very few without their own domain name ever get picked up by the search engines
You need a different page title, descriptions and keywords for each page. It looks like they are all the same... a common mistake. That are some basics I have learned over the years. Be very wary of solicitors. Good luck