Where is the email address of the person who responded to my website?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I received an email from a prospect but she did not leave her email address-- all I see is the homestead relay email address. How do I find her email address? Homestead must have it on file somewhere.
Photo of david2937

david2937

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We do not have that information. They did not enter it, we have no way of knowing what it is. You should create the form with multiple boxes and one of the boxes would be a single line text box, titled email. You can require the boxes that you must have them fill out.

Drew
Photo of david2937

david2937

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, Drew I have the form set up that way and instructions before the form and a separate line within the form. It rarely happens that someone does not enter but I want this email because this prospect said she wants to hire my services--I do some web design and know something of computers-- you are telling me there is NO way to find her address? Please do your best.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
They are filling a form out on the site. The site sends their information that they entered. Their email address never enters into it. Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to determine an email address. I am really sorry. The only way to ensure that you always get the email is to have it not in instructions, but it's own box with the required checked on the right. This would not allow them to hit submit without reminding them to enter an email.

I wish I could, but I can't get it for you.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.