When printing a webpage, only one page prints out even though it is not a complete printout.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old or solved

When printing this page: http://www.vianasrestaurant.com/cater... only half of page prints out, what is the problem?
Photo of Stan3832

Stan3832

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Stan3832,

When you print a web page, the output is generally controlled by the printer settings. You can try to go into the printer settings, or printer properties and see if there are any settings related to the print output.

If you can't get the whole page to print, the best resolution would be to save the menu in a pdf file, and allow the user to print out the pdf version instead.
This link shows you one method creating link to a downloadable/printable file.
https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Let us know if you need further help.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Stan3832

Stan3832

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike,

I'm just wondering why homestead does not allow continues printing, I know it's not on the printers. The problem does not only affect images but if you have text go pass the first page, it also gets cut off.

Thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There are a lot of variables, and the Homestead software isn't necessarily blocking you from printing. The printer configuration (and having current drivers installed) is one of many things that can cause problems. It can also have much to do with your web browser. You might try to print from IE vs Firefox etc.

You might try testing it in different browsers by using the "print preview" feature. I tested your site with Firefox, and it cuts off the 2nd page. However when using IE10 it printed fine.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.