Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
Emails from the store are sent for the following events:
- Creation or status change of an order
- Creation of a customer account
- Signup for the newsletter
You can decide which order status changes you want customers to be sent emails for in the Checkout settings of your control panel.
1. Go to Setup & Tools › Customize your store › Checkout.
2. Under Order Settings › Customer Email Notifications, you will find a list of possible order statuses.
Select or deselect the checkboxes in this menu to choose which status changes will trigger an email. For example, if the box for "Pending" is checked, the customer will receive an email if you change their order's status to "Pending".If you disable all of these, the customer will never receive an email after changing their order status, but they will still receive the order confirmation email that contains the invoice.
Setting the store's "from" email address
1. Go to Setup & Tools › Set up your store › Profile.
2. The email address next to Email is the address your store's emails will be marked as coming from. This email address should use your domain name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), NOT a third-party email service like Yahoo or Gmail. See this article for more details.
Newsletter Subscription Emails
If you have an integrated email marketing program, such as mailchimp or Constant Contact, you can also control part of the subscription process.
1. Go to Marketing, and then Email Marketing.
2. You will see part of the Newsletter Settings under the list of email integration providers. You must Select an integration provider and the Save before you can see the New Customer Subscription settings and the remainder of the Newsletter Settings.
Newsletter Settings: controls the process for when a customer signs up for the newsletter at checkout or from the via your Newsletter subsection panel.
- Allow Newsletter Subscriptions? - This determines if you want to allow customers to subscribe to your store's newsletter. If you don't have an integration set up, the customer names and emails will be stored under the Export tab (also in the Email Marketing area).
- Tick Newsletter Checkbox? - This determines whether the "Do you wish to subscribe to our newsletter?" box is checked by default, forcing customers to uncheck it if they don't want to receive the newsletter.
- Newsletter Double Opt-In - If Yes, require a double opt-in confirmation for newsletter subscriptions is selected, customers who sign up for the newsletter email will first be sent an email confirming their subscription.
- Newsletter Welcome Emails - If Yes, send a welcome email when someone subscribes is selected and your email marketing provider supports it, customers will be sent a "Welcome" email after signing up for the newsletter. The email itself can be formatted from your email marketing provider account.
New Customer Subscription Settings: controls the process for when a customer signs up for the special offers newsletter at process.
- Order Double Opt-In - If Yes, require a double opt-in confirmation for new customer subscriptions is selected, customers who sign up for the special offers emails will first be sent an email confirming their subscription.
- Order Welcome Emails - If Yes, send a welcome email when a new customer is added to my email list is selected and your email marketing provider supports it, customers will be sent a "Welcome" email after signing up for the newsletter. The email itself can be formatted from your email marketing provider account.