When will the new web development software be available? Thought I read somewhere it was by the end of this (2016) year.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of diane4770

diane4770

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Diane it's been available for several weeks now. Just log in to your account and click on Add A New Site in the upper right. You will need to give the site a name like "mysitename2" or whatever.
Photo of diane4770

diane4770

I don't have this option and upon further investigation, I find this is not available for the "Starter" package. So no what? Do I delete my current website (granted there is not a lot of traffic currently) and start over? This is not something I'm eager to do.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can purchase an add on site, but the Techs will need to help you with that. Also, you will have to rebuild your site if you switch to the new the software as it isn't compatible with the old builders. However, you aren't required to switch - your current site will still be available and you can continue to edit it with your current program.
Does that help?
Photo of diane4770

diane4770

Yes, thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Diane, For the starter package we would need to add new sites, and also new pages. You are using 4 of your 5 pages now. This would add $4/month to the account. When you have completed the site and want to make it live, the domain can be moved to the new site and then when you are satisfied with the new site, you can delete the old and we can remove the additional charges.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Just be aware Diane, the new websitebuilder is a quantum leap ahead of the older sitebuilder plus so stock up on coffee, any hiccups and there will be a few, then just pop back in here, we are all learning the new programme and can offer advice and guidance to various degrees of experience Susan is one of the best.....  but above all... enjoy.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.