when will my site show secure?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I just built my new site using website builder, and transferred my domain (chiemseecastle.com).  I am wondering when my site (both desktop and mobile) will show up as "secure" in the address bar as opposed to the "not secure" warning; OR is there something further I need to do to accomplish this?  Thank you!  By the way, Website Builder is WONDERFUL!
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,038 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brian,

I'm so glad you like Website Builder!

The SSL does take some time to propagate. I have made sure your DNS is correct and the site should show secure within 24 hours.
(Edited)
Photo of starranger749386

starranger749386

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue. When will my site show secure? Is there something I need to do?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

It will take 24-48 hours to show secure.
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

Thanks so much, they are both now secure! I do have one follow up question however... I have a page that is password protected, and that setting does work on the desktop site. However, when clicking on the page link on the mobile site, it does NOT prompt for a password, and instead loads the page. Any advice on this? Thanks again.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hmm, what page are you experiencing this with? I just tested with the "For Our Parents Home" page and it did prompt me to enter a password on my phone. Same with the "Tour Feedback" page.

Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

Yes, those are the pages which are loading directly, without prompting for a password. I am wondering... it is possible I tested these earlier, was prompted for the password, and entered it; thus getting to the page... is it possible that my device (phone) saved the password automatically without prompting me to “save password” for this site?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Yes that is absolutely what would happen if you have previously accessed this page. It is caching with that password. If you clear your cache it should stop, but it gives a better customer experience if someone only has to enter a password once.
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

It looks like the same thing happens on the desktop site! I guess that’s not necessarily bad for a private computer, but what about a public one, etc.?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

On a public computer, people should have to log in and log out of their own session, so this should not be an issue.
Photo of Brian2557

Brian2557

Awesome. That all makes sense! Thank you so much for your help, it’s not common these days to get such prompt service to answer questions. It’s been a great experience!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm so glad! Let me know if you have any other questions!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.