When we try to access our site, it is redirecting me to a "homestead, create a business website" account instead of to my site.

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

When we try to access our site, it is redirecting me to a "homestead, create a business website" account instead of to my site. This just started a few weeks ago after I was advised to set up encryption through cloudfare, any idea why this is occurring?
Photo of Heather4269

Heather4269

• 70 Points

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,736 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I've read about others who've had the same problem after setting https up using Cloudflare.

Cloudflare only works if your site was built using sitebuilder or sitebuilder plus. If that's the case, double check that your name servers are named correctly using the names cloudflare gave you. Most importantly make sure that that the 2 names cloudflare provided are the only names used. The spaces for number 3 and 4 should be blank, empty, etc.  People who've had names in boxes 3 and/or 4 have reported problems like you describe.

If you built your site using the newer websitebuilder and you changed the name server names, change them back to their default settings/names/etc. Sites built using websitebuilder are automatically secured with https.

I hope this helps.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,608 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It may be that some DNS settings are missing in cloud flare. For this situation, since we would need to log into your account, the best option would be to call into support so we can access your cloud flare account and update any records that may be incorrect. You can reach support at 1-800-710-1998.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.