When I publish something, it appears right at the bottom of the page, outside the building place. Please show me how to correct it

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

https://sitebuilder.homestead.com/~site/builder/
MMM   Money Making Methods    This is the page I'm building. The problem is that when I publish this page, the last 2 images, are appearing completely out of place. I don't know what happened suddenly. Can you correct the error please? After I build this website, I'll read your announcement about Windows 10.
Photo of Maria5806

Maria5806

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maria, the URL you have posted is your loggin to the sitebuilder so I couldnt see the page that was causing a problem. The tech guys will be in here soon and can check for any problems. As for reading about WIn 10 AFTER building the site, isnt that like jumpping into a swimmng pool and then gettng out and checking the temperature. LOL. Dont worry Maria, I am using Win 10 and all seems fine, Homestead have done a great job makng sure the majority of cutomers are compatible, althogh a few have had issues. Hope it gets sorted for you
Photo of Maria5806

Maria5806

http://santanarodmktg.homestead.com/
Ok Brian, this is my website URL. When you open the MTTB page (I'm trying to change the name to MMM) you will see that the last 2 postings are completely out of the page, far down at the bottom. I think there is something I have to allow or omit, but I don't know how to do it. Can you instruct me how to correct my page? I'll be very grateful to you.
Photo of Maria5806

Maria5806

Hi Brian, now I remember what that something is. Cookies, I think there are cookies that have to be enabled or disabled. I lost the site where I had found this information. Anyway, I had not understood the information, but it is something to do with cookies. I think you understand more than me, so please help me. Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maria5806, What is the page name in the editor? Also, normally if an element moves about randomly, it is because of an HTML box. If you have HTML boxes on the page, then you can remove them and add them back one at a time. Preview after each add and you can see which one is the problem. Sometimes this act will resolve the issue, other times there is bad code in the box that will need to be fixed.
Photo of Maria5806

Maria5806

Sorry Drew, I have done all those things. The page name is clients, but I'm trying to change it to MMM = Money Making Methods. Please find out what is wrong with my cookies. I was told that the problem is with the cookies but I didn't understand them.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I used Save As to copy that page to a new page called mmm. You will see it in your view page if you log out and in again. There is a problem in the HTML box 1. The code is incomplete. I can see that at least one tag was not closed, but there is more missing than just that. If you remove that box then the others will go to the correct place. You will probably need to go back to the people that provided the code and copy/paste again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.