What's going on with Homestead?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

The URL to edit my site has changed?  Windows Networks Diagnostics says "websites.intuit.com is not responding."  I did a web search and found a new URL which works.  What's going on?  The reason I needed to edit: my website has recently been displaying the wrong time on the time/weather bug on the top right of my homepage: bobkingsound.com.  Why?  How can I correct that?  I also find that the video on my homepage (in preview) says "invalid source," although the video is still functioning properly on my website.  What's going on with Homestead?  And what happened to Intuit Chat? 
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,662 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Intuit is not responsible anymore. They sold out. Homestead is having technical difficulties with chat at this moment.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We are no longer affiliated with Intuit, and if you need to access your account or chat, you can do so at Homestead.com.
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

Thanks for the replies.  You would think that Homestead could at least send out emails of notification about the new URL.  In the meantime, does anyone know if Homestead's problems are the cause of my malfunctioning time/weather bug, or "invalid source" video (which is still functioning)?
Photo of William S

William S

No this should not be related. Can you explain the issue you are having with more details?
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

OK, it appears there may be a problem with the time/weather bug source (wunderground.com). I'd like to cover it up till they correct the problem, but I'm afraid to change anything for fear the video on my homepage will no longer function.  Is the '"invalid source" note just in Preview?  Will the video still function on my published website? 
Photo of William S

William S

Yes, the video should still function even though the preview will not display. This is just to show you a brief example of the site and some elements may not function in preview.

The time/weather source appears to be 3rd party HTML code, and I'm not sure why the information is not displaying correctly. I would recommend getting a new set of code for that widget and see if that resolves it.
Photo of Bob King

Bob King

Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.