WHAT IS UP WITH THIS SOFTWARE: SITE BUILDER PLUS IS A DISASTER

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

I'M BUILDING A NEW SITE AND HAVE SPENT MANY AGONIZING HOURS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE "INDEX" LISTING IS GONE AND ONE OF MY PAGES HAS SOME ERROR MESSAGE ABOUT A MISSING URL. I"M ABOUT DONE WITH THESE GUYS
Photo of KAMoldow8239

KAMoldow8239

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My, my. What ever happened to taking care of your customers? I'm told that there is nothing wrong with HS servers (chat mode), however I can't send mail to POP addresses. (I have used 4 different POP email programs, and none can receive my email from the web site or from other email programs on other computers. I tried to add a gmail account but site balks.It's been weeks, months of grief.
Interesting that the "Guidelines" were posted just before the problems began. Coincideince?
Photo of geneherron9551

geneherron9551

• 72 Points
We don't need monitoring and admonishing. We need help and solutions which are difficult to come by. If I had an employee scolding unhappy paying clients, I'd Fire them. This is not customer service or satisfaction, This is in your face contempt.
I just had to redo my entire website because it was so screwed up that I couldn't fix it, because,,,, I can't get help on what would otherwis be a small problem. I have it up and running now but I am frightened to death to consider an improvement or correction to my site because the last time I did that I had to recreate the whole site.
Photo of Dustin Case

Dustin Case

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OK, so I installed Google Chrome specifically to run Site Builder and that has the same problem as Safari. It only shows me about half the screen and I have this empty space of about 5 inches on the left where I can't put anything. Look at my site www.dustincase.com You see the only thing that fills in the area is the background picture because It automatically fills the whole screen. But the html boxes and the picture of the hand are pushed as far left as possible in Site Builder.

"More is better than less, because if stuff is not less, than (gasp) if there's more less stuff, then, you might, you might wanna have some more and your parents just don't let you cause there's only a little bit. We want more, we want more! Like, you really like it, we want more..."

No, but seriously, help me.
Photo of Dustin Case

Dustin Case

So apparently, someone over there took it upon themselves to arrange my stuff and it is now to the left of the screen... Although I appreciate you guys trying to help, I did want it about a half inch off he side. The real problem though is that I still can't adjust the positions myself...

I just logged into Site Builder and if I touch anything at all, it goes back to the original problem where there is a gap on the left. So either way, I can't arrange the page how I want. One of your customer service reps says I just need to resize the background picture, but even when I do, there is still the gap on the left of the screen. FIX SITEBUILDER!!!!!!!!!! I am very close to going through the painful process of transferring to a new host. Tired of having a site I can't even work on properly.
Photo of Dustin Case

Dustin Case

BTW, I have installed both Chrome AND Firefox to try and run this software, and neither one improves the situation.

Hellooooooo? Did Homestead/Intuit totally just drop this conversation being unable to handle the overload of complaints? We're not asking for the best website design program out there, we just want it to work!