What is the status of this ongoing email issue?

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are terribly sorry for the ongoing email issues and not having an ETA for when will be resolved. For anyone who has not been following the situation here is a summary.

Homestead recently implemented a new spam filter which has had some repercussions. Many customers are experiencing slowness and delivery problems due to an unusual amount of spam. In addition some customer email accounts are not showing up on the Email Manager screen. Our email admins are working diligently to fix the problem by building new email servers with an improved spam filter. It will take some time to get the new servers installed and configured as well as get any remaining black lists issues resolved. Since this is a major upgrade there are numerous complexities we are dealing with. Therefore we still do not have a definitive ETA.

What can I do?

1. If you need an update on the email situation, you can visit the announcement thread here.

2. We understand that for many of you, your email is a critical component of your business. Since we do not have an ETA, you may wish to set up an email account through another provider such as Zoho, or Google.

3. If you do create an email account with a different provider you will need to update your MX records through the Domain Manager screen on Homestead.com See instructions

This thread will remain open for questions if anyone needs help changing their MX records, please post below.

Please do not use this thread for posting complaints or venting. We do understand how frustrating this is for many of you but I need to keep this thread focused on helping customers. If you would like to voice a complaint please post here

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Aubrie4741

Aubrie4741

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I thought this problem was fixed and see now that it is not. How terribly frustrating. I tried to simply forward an email to a personal account of mine outside of Homestead and got a bounceback message which says the following. I feel kind of silly getting an email from someone and having to reply using another email provider.

To: admin@nokillhuntsville.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:26:33 PM
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host smtp2.homesteadmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host 66.147.243.71[66.147.243.71] said: 552 5.2.0
Spam Message Rejected - ERR018 (in reply to end of DATA command)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Aubrie4741, Sorry, we'll have to collect just a little more information to figure out what is characterizing the email as spam. Can you please go to this thread and fill out the online form: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Aubrie4741

Aubrie4741

Mike, I can but I have multiples so tell me how many you need. My issues appear to be when I try to reply to an incoming message or when I try to forward a message. I can fill out the form with one of each if that would do the trick.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Please do. The more information they can gather the better.
Photo of Sherri0631

Sherri0631

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still getting lots and lots of spam!!!!
Photo of Jodi8941

Jodi8941

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Things appeared to be fixed for a couple of weeks but for the past two days I've been getting more and more SPAM and also bogus "undeliverable mail" notices. Did the new software get hacked?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No we have not been hacked. Can you explain what you mean by "bogus undeliverable mail" ?

Mike
Photo of Jodi8941

Jodi8941

They are emails that look like they are officially sent from Postmaster warning me that the email I sent was undeliverable. BUT the address they claim I was sending them to is not one that I have used. At the bottom of the email are poorly written ads for overseas brides, etc. I've deleted them all and purged my junk mail so will copy and paste the next one I receive...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Do they look like they are coming from your own domain/email? If so, you're being spoofed. Let me know if this is the case and there is one thing we can do to help prevent that issue.
Photo of Cathi0232

Cathi0232

• 736 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am getting a ton of spam emails too. This is ridiculous! I have been with Homestead for years and now this! Never ending! When will this be fixed?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Cathi0232, I don't have an exact answer because we still have some more upgrades that we are making and not all accounts will be updated at the same time, It will take several weeks (months for some customers) for the entire upgrade to take place.
Photo of Aubrie4741

Aubrie4741

I did a test email exchagne with a contact yesterday to see what would happen. I got her incoming message just fine. When I tried to reply, I got an error message repeadly and my reply sat it my drafts box. It took 3 tries and many hours to finally sent a very short message. I have done the reporting form. This is a huge problem for me because I am having to use another email account in order to communicate with people. I have business cards printed and want to keep my same email address. Very, very frustrated by this.
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Recently I have received "job offers" from people using my email address to send to me. What's up with that.

Also, for the past several days I have received an increasing number of penis enhancement emails. There were probably 60 this morning and they just keep coming in.

Please advise. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are getting emails that appear to be from yourself, then you've likely been hacked and are being spoofed. You need to immediately change your email password.

What is the domain name for your email address, and I can take a look at it and see if it needs and SPF record added?

Mike
Photo of Cathi0232

Cathi0232

• 736 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My customers are not getting my emails! This is causing serious problems and I am losing business. Who is going to pay me for the lost business?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Cathi0232, Are you getting any bounce/undeliverable messages back?

If so can you please fill out the form on this thread if you have not done so yet? Please fill out the fields accurately and completely. Thanks

https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

HI - My domain name is donaldcavanaugh.com Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks. I'll add the spf record which will help stop the spoofing, but be sure to change your password if you have not.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Thanks. I've changed the p'word.
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

I just got another email from my URL although it's not one of my mail boxes.

Am about to run scan and re-change the password.
Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Donald, the SPF record we added will prevent the spoofing, as it won't let any emails be sent from unauthorized email servers. In this case, the SPF records has been set up already. If you are still getting emails from what appear to be yourself, there is a good chance you're account has been hacked and you really need to run a full virus scan on your computer and create a more complicated password with upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Hi, Yes. The "From" address is mine.

I have changed the password.
Photo of Sherri0631

Sherri0631

I chatted with customer service online yesterday and complained about the many many sex oriented emails I am getting. This spam is ridiculous. We were all told in September it would be fixed. It is just as bad as before. I was told yesterday it could take a week to fix and that is the reply we were given last month and in late September.

I run my business thru Homestead and have been with them for 10 years. 10 years. 10 years. Hello? And I get told "maybe next week" and then a suggestion I run my email thru another source to catch the spam? Really? Isn't this what I pay big bucks for every year for Homestead to do?? I understand upgrades and I understand that things take time but come on. I feel as if I am getting the run around.

I am switching my accounts to another provider/host as soon as I can. This is terrible. Who knows how much $ I have lost due to emails/invlices and payment emails not going thru.

Not Happy At ALL!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We respect your decision to do what is right for your business. Sorry to see you go.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The message is accurate. Your account was used to send large amounts of spam and has been blocked. If this was not you, then you were likely hacked. Hacked email accounts are frequently the result of having malicious software such as keyloggers installed on your computer. Please run a full virus scan to assure your computer is clean. Update your password with something more complex and then reply here and we'll unlock it for you.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Thank, Mike. Have changed the p'wd and am running a full scan with Microsoft virus system. Now can you tell me anything about the following? I mostly get them when there are several addressees but this email was part of a d-list of about 20.

Thanks,

This is the mail system at host smtp2.homesteadmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

: host 66.147.243.71[66.147.243.71] said: 552 5.2.0
Spam Message Rejected - ERR018 (in reply to end of DATA command)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Donald9220, If you get that message when sending to a list, then, it is being characterized as spam. You may have to send to smaller groups and make sure that you are not sending unsolicited emails, as it can be very damaging to your email and domain reputation. Since it sounds like you've already been spoofed, then the hacker has probably already done some damage to your domain. If you do need to send to large lists of people, you really want to use an email marketing tool such as Constant Contact or Vertical response etc.
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Thanks. I have started using Mail Chimp for large mailings. Is there any way to find out what my status is from a junk-mail perspective and can I get it cleared?
Thanks again for all your help!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There are dozens of them, but they gather their data from different sources so the results will vary. Just do a Google search for "email address reputation checker" or similar.
Photo of Janet9740

Janet9740

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just received this:

Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at xmail-pub.bluehost.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
198.57.210.39 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-"JunkMail rejected - gproxy5-pub.mail.unifiedlayer.com [67.222.38.55]:45916 550-is in an RBL, see Your e-mail service was detected by mx.selfip.biz (NiX
550-Spam) as spamming at Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:54:05 +0100. Your admin should
550 visit http://www.dnsbl.manitu.net/lookup.ph..."
Giving up on 198.57.210.39.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

I was sending email from rosie.harris@becsomrooftopshop.com

Anything I can do here?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It sounds like the recipients spam blocker is blocking your email. Do you get this message when email other people? Do you by any chance include a signature in all of your emails (with name, address, phone number, etc). If so try to remove it and then send an email to the same address and see if it still gets blocked.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

I do use a signature block and the problem is intermittent. I can usually get the message to go if I resend it two or three times.
Photo of John8725

John8725

• 72 Points
Just had an undeliverable that refers to spamcop. Is this the email software homestead is using and if so, how do we log into it to configure our settings?

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> rene@#$%^&.com (after RCPT TO): 554 5.7.1 Service
>>> unavailable; Client host [208.47.184.3] blocked using
>>> rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see
>>> http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi John8725, Spamcop is not used by Homestead, however, they are a pretty big organization and many other email service/ISPs do subsribed to them so at random, it is fairly likely that any of your emails could get scanned by Spamcop. It just depends on who the recipient is.
Photo of John8725

John8725

• 72 Points
The account I sent this email from--and to--was a homestead account. So if they are not a homestead service, how are they involved int he email exchange that I have just noted? Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Because your email can be scanned at several points before it reaches it's destination. It could be any of the following: your personal security software on your pc, the spam filter on our outgoing email server, your internet service providers software, the spam filter on the server at the recipients email service provider, or software on the recipients computer.

If any one of these levels are subscribed to spam cop you could get blocked.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Hi, I'm still getting dozens of messages a day for penis enhancement. I never had this before. Please advise. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Donald9220, Sorry for the ongoing spam issues. Over the next couple of months we will be converting all of our email accounts to a new platform which uses different servers and spam filters which we recently installed. The spam filter is much more complex and we'll be able to eliminate the ongoing spam problems that many of you have had over the last few weeks. Unfortunately we have millions of accounts to convert so it will take several weeks, maybe 2-4 months if all goes smoothly. We'll email you before we convert your account, and we'll email you again once it's been converted.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Oy veh!
Photo of Sherri0631

Sherri0631

I just counted 23 spams on "male enhancement" so far today. Frustrating to say the least.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry Sherri0631,   I realize this is frustrating for many of you. If you see my reply to Donald9220 above, we are working on this but it's a major project converting all the accounts.

Mike

Photo of Andy5557

Andy5557

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How come my emails were bounced back again and again.
Photo of Andy5557

Andy5557

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How may months you need to resolve this problem?????
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Andy, I don't see that you posted your actual problem anywhere. We'll be happy to help you but need to gather some data on your issue. If you can please go to the following link and fill out the online form we can research the issue.http://communityguidelines.homestead....
Be sure to fill out each field accurately. Avoid generalities as we need actual data to work with. Omission of any fields, or entering wrong data can prevent us from resolving this.

Thanks!
Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We received your online form, but you did not include the original email so can't fully analyze it. There is likely something in the body of the email that is causing it to be blocked. I see you are sending from Outlook or some other application. Can you tell me if you have a signature set up (with name, email, website url, phone number etc)? If so try to remove the signature, then send again. Also, try to log into the Hmail account online and send from there to see if it still bounces.
Photo of iqpower2844

iqpower2844

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have multiple accounts where messages just seem to be disappearing. Most of us are routing (sending/receiving) our Homestead mail through; Outlook, Hotmail or Live, because of the 250MB threshold and the general lack of confidence.

I wish I was getting mail kicked back, but messages just seem to vanish. They appear in my Sent folders, but never get received. Also, nothing in the spam folders at HMail or Outlook.com. I now CC myself for almost every message I send out and I have a 50/50 chance of getting the copy. So I have no idea if my emails are reaching their destinations. My CEO will see a test message from me (forwarded through her Outlook account), but messages from Salesforce, and other well known domains never get through, despite repeated attempts to send. All of our HMail accounts are cleaned up, with less than 20MB used in each.

I am at wits end and about ready to move on, at least with the email part of our Homestead service. Frustrating how well the site hosting works compared to the crippled mail hosting. Is there something I am doing wrong? Where are these messages going? I have multiple accounts through multiple domains (ther than Homestead). I run test messages almost every day and maybe 4 of 6, or 5 of 6 go through. Not sure where the rest are.

This has been going on since the server issues, early October. Prior to that I occasionally got a message rejected, or a server connection error. But not disappearing messages.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello iqpower2844,

We are very sorry to hear bout this issue you are having. It does not actually sound related to some of the other issues that we have been experiencing. I don't know of any issues where emails are just vanishing. We'll be happy to research this for you but you'll have to provide us with some real data to work with.

Can you provide specific the specific email address, time/date of one of these events, address your sending to, body of the email, and if you do get an undeliverable message include that also.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Is there any way that Homestead's techs could provide us with a pre-built filter in the mail system that would filter the offending email addresses (or other constant feature) and dump them into the spam file where we can glace thru them before final delete?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, but at this time, that is not possible. If you take a look at my post at the top of this page it will help explain. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Hi Mike,

I got an email this morning addressed to me and from me. This happened before and at your instructions I rand a full-length virus scan and changed my password. You had done something, too, but I don't recall what. Please adavise. Thanks, Donald
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We added an SPF record to your domain, but that only needs to be done once.

What is the content of the email that you received? Does it appear to be someone spamming with your account? Please copy & paste it here, unless its inappropriate.

Mike
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Hi, Here's the body of the message. - If you have excellent administrative skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, a keen eye for detail, well-versed in the use of social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook,
are organized, present yourself well and are a team player with the ability to work independently, are reliable and punctual and can understand and execute instructions are determined to work hard and succeed - we need you.

Please email us for details: Genevieve@jobin-usa.com

the subject is "CV"

It's from donald@donaldcavanaugh.com and to the same.

Thanks!
donald
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Donald, I'm going to send you a personal email. When you get it can you forward that email back to me. I want to see if there's anything I can extract from it to see how this is happening. It sounds like you've been spoofed but that shouldn't be possible with the spf records.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Donald, I have some news on the email you posted above. The good news, is that there is not an issue with your domain or email address. I was concerned that if you were spoofed they could have caused some damage, but your domain checks out ok. However the email you posted above failed the spam test for two reasons. The body/text, as well as the email address from jobin-usa.com where both flagged for spam. Just looking at the nature of that email it's fairly obvious that it's a canned letter probably send to 100's, if not thousands of recipients.

If you are still receiving emails that appear to be from yourself, run a full virus scan on your computer, then change your email password to something more complex again. Be sure to use both upper and lower case letters, numbers and at least one special character.

This should prevent that problem.
Photo of Donald9220

Donald9220

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate your help.
Photo of David9016

David9016

• 584 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike: My business email, david@dblumdesign.com, has been unreliable for several months. It works OK for some messages, but others are bounced back to sender with a spam blocking message. Attachments often arrive as "winmail.dat" files that I'm unable to open or view. Occasionally those attachments (nearly always simple .pdfs) arrive intact via web mail, but become "winmail.dat" files when pushed to Mac Mail. Messages often won't push to Mac Mail, but sometimes they arrive fine. Other than switch providers, which I'm afraid I'll have to explore, what can I do? Thanks for your help.
-Dave

Here's one message that someone received trying to send me an email:

Date: November 20, 2013, 7:39:54 AM CST
To:
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
The original message was received at Wed, 20 Nov 2013 07:39:51 -0600
from adsl-99-142-31-219.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net [99.142.31.219]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [207.115.36.34] blocked using rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to inbound.homesteadmail.com.:
DATA
<<< 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [207.115.36.34] blocked using rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
<<< 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI David, Thanks for providing that bounce message. Fortunately the two message your provided indicate a problem with the sender, not your Homestead email. We do not use Spamcop, but the sender is being blocked by Spamcop. Spamcop is a pretty popular spam block service used by many ISPs and email service providers. This would be an issue that the sender needs to work out on their end.

As far as your mac mail changing the file format of pdf's I can not explain that since it's not our software. That woud be a question that needs to be directed to Apple support.

If you by any chance get any bounce back messages when you try to send to others, feel free to post those here and we'll take a look.

MIke
Photo of David9016

David9016

• 584 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the help. I know now where to investigate further. :-)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Lynne2551

Lynne2551

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello!

I had an email bounce back, this is the message I received:

Suspect invalid mailer domain please check your
DNS records - ERR007

Also, I seem to be having trouble sending emails. I am not sure they are being received.

Are there issues going on with the servers again?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

They are doing some work on the servers at this time. We've been told that even though your are getting a bounce message, that the emails you send are being queued and will still be delivered.

Mike
Photo of Lynne2551

Lynne2551

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is this causing any issues with receiving emails? Are those being queued as well?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No. This problem only affected the outgoing server.
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Customer not able to email me on the 18th. She forwarded me the bounce back that she received on the 18th today and it came through. See below:
Please tell me if this is a one time thing or could this be happening a lot. This customer called me this morning to tell me that she could not email me yesterday, and that is the only reason I even know about it. My bank also recently mailed me a letter saying that they have been trying to email me and cannot. My sales have been really down lately and I can't help but wonder if it is because I am not receiving email inquiries and that is 95% of the way I conduct business.
Please contact me if necessary. 520-780-9751 Please explain if this is a homestead server problem or something else. I am freaking out a little.

Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details
Andrea Sieloff
To Me
Today at 12:01 PM

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem -----

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:36:35 +0000
Reply-To: Mail Delivery Subsystem
Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
To: andrea@southwestautomated.com

The original message was received at Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:36:33 +0000
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.235.156.244] blocked using rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.. while talking to inbound.homesteadmail.com.:
>>> RCPT To:
<<< 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.235.156.244] blocked using rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Andrea Sieloff

andrea@southwestautomated.com
Southwest Automated Security
3602 E Southern Ave, Ste.4
Phoenix, AZ 85040
602-438-8060
Fax: 602-438-8061
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is an error on the sender's end. The IP address, owned by a company called carrierzone, is being blocked by Spamcop which we do not use.

Unfortunately without the bounce back from the bank, I can't analyze that one.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,202 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Why would her own carrier block her from sending an email to me? She was emailing me.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Spamcop is a 3rd party spam filter that can be subscribed to by mail servers. Typically the block by IP address, so they are not technically blocking her, but everyone using that shared IP address. When she receives the bounce message there should be instructions on hot to request to be delisted. There are no guarantees, but it can help.

Drew
Photo of David8866

David8866

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
my contact button isn't delivering email to me, costing thousands of dollars everyday. I need to know when this will be resolved or need to switch from the company. Give me a break and give us a strait answer
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just removed it, and re-added it in case there wsa some corrupt code and have just sent a test message. Let me know if you get it.

Is it just the one on the home page, or are there others?

Mike
Photo of Patrick1751

Patrick1751

I am getting this error message. I thought these issues have been fixed. The email address was correct that this got sent to, I email this person daily.

This is the mail system at host smtp4.homesteadmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<>: host 74.220.195.20[74.220.195.20] said: 552 5.2.0 Spam
Message Rejected - ERR018 (in reply to end of DATA command)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Please fill out this form

Make sure you copy/paste the entire email message you tried to send in the Email content field

Drew
Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Can you tell me why this did not get delivered:
It was sent to ira@charityworks.net FROM damon@charitybenefitauctions.com
Below is the entire return message....

On Nov 21, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Mail Delivery System wrote:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. The following addresses failed:

SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host inbound.homesteadmail.com[209.157.71.80]:
554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [74.208.4.194] blocked using rbl.websitewelcome.com; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=che...

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Received: from [192.168.0.196] (c-71-202-241-248.hsd1.ca.comcast.net [71.202.241.248])
by mrelay.perfora.net (node=mrus3) with ESMTP (Nemesis)
id 0MO6v6-1VmyNk10wG-005w9D; Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:19:34 -0500
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Apple-Mail=_AB0ACD1C-22B9-422F-B4F3-25036C504032"
Subject: Fwd: How much to frame the jersey?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:19:33 -0800
References:
To: Ira Klein
Message-Id:
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v1283)
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.1283)
X-Provags-ID: V02:K0:0m0NOdVTnvdpWvVhpnJxNQgXndKxq7aXsWhiXZxBTQG
49Q9KL83XiRWUK0IMjNeZ3SWv8vUcmwoOtM3t8CmQumkLW7K8Y
qgFEheC9f3L4+2iVGPEOeQALxAxhp11tSNu8rU2XGc+zTSs8Kp
DLsAC4j6KEBMLLkPq+cwTdXaJIFxj0f3qFxNNKaDNmbvJBZ49L
Q9/y69o87DxHSGnmRfqgUOLvo07D49psMC0Zp+Bti1u2+MfAGx
DWaLLkIMEvUF8D2yDKRf3wMZGSFISQfL8yL2pYBmb6b759s/Bc
nKjXLwNicmc5WkRKlozeUx0aXPsDAFlMDM8EZlJ1HoMqUPqJNm
OB2gZ+i3pSYMI+g0vSENa7upjBGZFr5jX6G/KhqTRqsOC4ydFZ
3AykCwh1XDBcXZeQ5eQYaSiPDUybww50OYCUUk4mta8Z9+U1aB
sX0er
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The sending address damon@charitybenefitauctions.com was blocked by SpamCop. According to public records, that domain is hosted at GoDaddy, but the mx records are pointed to 1and1, so the email is running through 1and1's email service. It is possible that 1and1 uses SpamCop but I can not confirm that. Homestead does not use SpamCop so we really can't troubleshoot this as it's doesn't involve Homestead.

Mike
Photo of darrell1366

darrell1366

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No phone number anywere on Homestead to call. How about a phone number from you guy?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

800-710-1998 or you are welcome to post your questions to this Community.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.