What is the best way to set-up shipping costs?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Trying to figure out how to implement shipping costs based on the options given. Our items that we are selling vary from a lightweight headband to 9.5 ounce sweatpants. There is no way to set it up by weight.
Photo of sideoutrochester9633

sideoutrochester9633

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi sideoutrochester9633,

Welcome to the community!

I think the way you've set it up will be the next best solution (variable by total order price). Unfortunately with the simplestore, you can only select a flat rate per item, variable by order amount or no shipping fees.

If you must be able to charge shipping based by weight, you may want to look into your our Storefront option. The storefront is a more robust tool and take a lot more work to setup and get online versus the simplestore.

If you'd like more information on the Storefront, log into your online account. Click Add-on Services > Sell Online > Homestead Storefront

Thanks for posting!

Ehsan
Photo of Sylvia8601

Sylvia8601

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ehsan,
How do you set it up in Storefront?
I have the same problem and have Storefront and it does not calculate the shipping properly.
Thanks,
Photo of ESTHER4477

ESTHER4477

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem with shipping, i ended up entering a flat dollar amount. However, when a customer purchases more than one item it charges shipping twice.

I am still playing with shipping cost, as I want to allow UPS and USPS.
Its just not user friendly.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.