What happens to all of my mailing list contacts?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

While we are discontinuing mailing lists, we recognize you may need a record of your lists, so we will be exporting your mailing lists. We’ll be sending them to Homestead account holder email address via a spreadsheet.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Bonnie7037

Bonnie7037

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
When will we get this spreadsheet? We have not received it yet. Also, is it possible to set up a distribution list that would send the e-mail list out as BCC; so all the email list aren't showing up? We are going to use this option in place of the mailing list. We use Homestead for a co-op of about 200 email addresses. Thank you
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You should receive it when the box is migrated. You should receive an email about a week prior to the migration.

The email program will support your list, it will be something that you need to set up in the mail program and not in the email manager.

Drew
Photo of Marlene6634

Marlene6634

• 60 Points
WOW, does that mean it's going to be a while before we get our email lists? Please give a time frame.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It looks like you were already converted.  Your lists should have been emailed to you.  I see you have a Homestead hosted email on your account.  This is probably why you may not have received it.  We can try to migrate again, but it will erase any calendar or contact additions you have made in the new system.  Were the lists built in the Zimbra client? or in the email manager within the Homestead account?  If they were built in the email manager, what was the name of the list.  I can arrange to pull it on Monday.

Drew
Photo of Peter0526

Peter0526

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Another example of the Homestead product being weakened which seems to be par for the course since Intuit took over. Part of the reason we signed up to Homestead was the mailing list option. Now that another great feature is being dropped, like so many others when Sitebuilder Plus was launched I'm sure we won't see a drop in the subscription pricing. Great business model, charge more & offer less. Thanks Homestead.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You will be able to recreate the list in the web client or if you use Outlook, it will still be there.

You aren't losing functionality, it is just being moved.

Drew
Photo of Peter0526

Peter0526

So you are saying we will still be able to send an email to several hunfred people in the web client? I'd like to see how that works as I'm sure my internet provider will not allow it via Outlook.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you are sending to several hundred people at a time then you should consider an email marketing program. Using our service, we don't recommend sending more than 50 emails per half hour.

Sending hundreds at a time can damage your domain's reputation. As we, and other companies are switching to reputation based spam filters, you want to protect your domain's reputation by following spam laws. Only send email to people that have asked to receive it. Keep your email lists up to date, and offer an unsubscribe option.

Email marketing companies are better suited to mass mailings than a standard email service.

Drew
Photo of Peter0526

Peter0526

As I thought, despite what you say, we are losing functionality. So will my subscription be discounted too?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Spam is a worldwide problem that most people do not recognize the severity of. There are approximately 150 billion emails sent, daily. 80% is considered spam. There is a huge cost associated with that. Many of our problems in the past have been due to deficiencies in the old spam filter, allowing people to break the law.

We are trying to close those holes to protect our servers and our customers. If you want to send a large mailing you may do so, but the reputation based spam filter records the actions of your recipients. If people mark you as spam this will damage your domain's reputation and possibly result in a block.

If your list is well maintained and you are not marked as spam by a significant percentage of recipients, you should not have an issue. There should be no loss in actual functionality, just an attempt to make sure that our customers adhere to anti-spam laws. This is a good thing for everyone, except those who try to beat the law.

Drew
Photo of Peter0526

Peter0526

We shall see.
Photo of John3745

John3745

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Like the others listed above, I have not received the spreadsheet for my contacts. This is a critical time for our company because of a major performance we are having this weekend. How can we expedite this process, so we are not severely handicapped in our productivity and audience building? This was not an "upgrade" to the system from my point of view.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You won't get a spreadsheet for your contacts unless you had a mailing list created. The mailing list is not the same as having "groups" in the zimpbra email system. If you had a mailing list it would have been created on the Homestead site without actually logging into the Zimbra account.
Photo of stephen2788

stephen2788

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
where on the Homestead site would we have put these lists. Zimbra is where we mailed emails to people and Zimbra is where we had email lists. Now they are gone?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

On the email screen, where it lists your existing email addresses, there use to be a section that stored your email lists (if you saved them there). If you did, those lists would have been emailed to you. The lists would have their own email address as their name. If you had groups or lists created in Zimbra, those were not emailed to you.
Photo of Janine9570

Janine9570

• 60 Points
There used to be a sort of 'auto-fill' feature for frequently used email addresses that WEREN'T contacts - has that been disabled? I guess I had a false sense of security and was lazy about adding actual contacts, but now I realize the majority of emails I used regularly were just these auto fills.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Janine9570, If it helps for the future, the new system has a feature to auto-collect the addresses. You can turn it on from the preferences page.

Click the gear wheel at the top, then under E-mail on the left click Preferences.
Photo of John7132

John7132

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received the e-mail stating my Homestead e-mail has been upgraded to a new provider. Since I created a mailing list on the Homestead website, I expected to receive a spreadsheet of those e-mail addresses. However, I have not received that spreadsheet. When will I get that spreadsheet?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Was your list actually on the Homestead site, or did you create a list inside the Zimbra email program?
Photo of John7132

John7132

The list was on the Homestead site, NOT Zimbra.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are looking into this. We'll email it to you as soon as we locate the list.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It will speed the process if you know the name of the mailing list. Can you tell me what it was?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There were two lists located and both were mailed to you on Dec. 31

Did you not receive the email?

Mike
Photo of John7132

John7132

No, I did not receive either list. Were they sent to communications@waterford-green-homeow...?
Photo of John7132

John7132

You sent the lists to a different e-mail address, and I have located them. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome!
Photo of Ilona3921

Ilona3921

I have not received my list of email addresses. Can you tell me where I can find them?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Ilona3921,

If you know the name/email address for the list I can have it emailed to you.
Photo of Alison4221

Alison4221

• 70 Points
I have not received an email with my mailing lists either....how can I get them?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Alison4221, Do you know the email address for your list, or at least the domain name? We'll try to locate the list and send it to you.
Photo of Ilona3921

Ilona3921

I'm still waiting for mine...or at least a response.
Ilona Jaffe
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello Ilona3921, do you know the list name/email address? If so it's easier/faster to locate. Was it under this domain? apexrealty-investments.com
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too am looking for my spreadsheet. The dropping of the mailing list has caused my business no end of problems.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Tracy2865, What was the name/email address of the mailing list? Or at least the domain name, and if there was one on the system we'll locate it and resend it to you.

Mike
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

• 1,006 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I just realized what all the fuss is about. So those dozen or so email lists that I've been using for about 10 years are no longer available? Big problem for me and many hours of work to try to duplicate the feature. It would have been nice if we'd gotten advance warning about this change.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Did you create the lists in the email manager? We should be able to retrieve them. There have been emails sent concerning the migration. I am sorry if you didn't see them.

Drew
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

I received the excel file with all my lists, but didn't realize at the time that they were no longer available in the email program. So, now I have them but am not sure how to re-implement them (without spending more money). Thanks for your reply.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

There is an option in the webmail to create a distribution list.  Go to contacts and you will see it.  You will need to build the list from the spreadsheet.  We were just discontinuing lists from within the email manager.

Drew
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

I'm using a distribution list in the new email for a group of 6 people. Isn't there a max on the size of a list? In Yahoo, it's something around 100. I've got a couple of mailing lists with up to 600 names - would the email distribution list allow that?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am going to send you an email with some information concerning lists,

Drew
Photo of Dawn6629

Dawn6629

• 72 Points
I've not received my mailing list spreadsheet. When can I get that? I need it asap. Thank you!
Dawn Gray
Wildwood Christmas Tree Farm
Dawngray@wildwoodchristmastreefarm.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Did you create the list in the email manager? or inside of Zimbra?

Drew
Photo of Dawn6629

Dawn6629

• 72 Points
I did it in the email manager--set up a list. I did find it attached to an email about the upgrade. Missed that! Thank you! The email said they would send it...but didn't say it was attached.
Dawn
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great. I am glad you received it.
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

can you let me know if mine has been sent please?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

What was the name of the list? or the domain name associated with it?

Mike
Photo of Dennis5099

Dennis5099

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received notice that my e-mail accounts have been upgraded, but I have not received the spreadsheet for our mailing lists. Based on answers above, I should have received it by now. How do I get a copy?

Dennis
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Were the lists built in the email manager? or within Zimbra? If the manager, what were the addresses of the lists?

Drew
Photo of Dennis5099

Dennis5099

They were built in the e-mail manager. All belonged to rockvillenazarene.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. I won't be able to look at this until Monday, but I will look then.

Drew
Photo of Dennis5099

Dennis5099

I still have not received my distribution lists and need them for a mailing this week. I am particularly interested in two of them: churchbody@rockvillenazarene.com and prayer@rockvillenazarene.com.

Thank you,
Dennis
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll try to have these pulled and emailed to you as soon as possible.
Photo of Pierre0338

Pierre0338

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Every article on my website has a place where a visitor can submit their name to be added to my email list. What will happen now? Is this feature eliminated? And if so, what are you providing to replace it. This is a major issue for me!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes. That feature will no longer be active. You'll want to remove those buttons from the page. I you wish, you can use the custom form tools to create the same functionality. This links shows how to use custom forms if you are not familiar: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Charles7976

Charles7976

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I received notice that my e-mail accounts have been upgraded, but I have not received the spreadsheets for the mailing lists. There should be two groups: 1) prayer.request@bushcreekchurch.org, and 2) church.news@bushcreekchurch.org. When can I expect to receive these spreadsheets?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Charles 7976, I just sent you an email with your lists attached.
Photo of Charles7976

Charles7976

Mike -- Would you please resend the spreadsheets to office@bushcreekchurch.org. For some reason I did not receive them. Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you remember the names of the list(s)? It makes it a little easier to recover.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Charles7976

Charles7976

The names of the lists are 'church.news' and 'prayer.request'
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I sent those lists to you on the 16th. They went to the comcast.net address on your account.
Photo of Ilona3921

Ilona3921

Why have I not had a response to my query several days ago? Homestead thinks this is an upgrade in service when the people you communicate with is deleted? Obviously these people do NOT USE this service themselves.
Photo of Ilona3921

Ilona3921

I was asked the name on account. Apex Realty. I would prefer communicating with you in private and not on a multi-user forum.
Photo of Ilona3921

Ilona3921

Email is sjaffe@apexrealty-investments.com. When can I expect to receive a response? Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for the frustration. I did respond to your post from a few days ago and did not hear back. In either case, the address you supplied above is not the list name. Do you know the list name? If so it will be faster to locate and email back to you. For now I'll have them start searching by domain name. If you know the list name please post it here.

Thanks
Mike
Photo of Stephen2001

Stephen2001

• 70 Points
I have not received my mailing list, where is it? What does it look like What is the subject line.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Were the email lists in the email manager, or Zimbra?

Drew
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have not received my mailing lists and I need them now! Please help.

Elizabeth
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Where did you create the mailing lists? In Zimbra or in the Homestead email manager?

Drew
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

Homestead email manager. I need them immediately. Can you help me?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello Elizabeth256, Just letting you know we are looking for any lists now. We'll email them to you as soon as we are able to locate them.

Mike
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

I appreciate your help. I am standing by.
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

Any luck?
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

I am losing work as we speak without my lists. Please help. Please send the lists for elizabethlamers.com asap.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I am following up right now. I should have them soon.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just email you the lists to your cox.net address.

Mike
Photo of ELizabeth2506

ELizabeth2506

Mike, I did not receive those lists. Could you please send them to my Homestead address? I am having trouble with cox.net. I appreciate your help soooo much. I am losing work without my contact lists. Thank you for your help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

ELizabeth2506

I just sent the list again, to the Homestead address.

Mike
Photo of Stephen2001

Stephen2001

• 70 Points
I have yet to receive my spreadsheet, I cannot send messages to my congregation. Please email the mailing list for breadoflifeministries.org. Is is vital to the operation of our ministry.

Slyons2001@gmail.com.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Just letting you know we are looking into this now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your list has been emailed to you. Thanks!

Mike
Photo of David9663

David9663

Mike, I too need out lists quickly. We had a church member pass away and need to email the congregation. How can I get this list ASAP?

columbus-lutheran.org

I should be able to get it at admin@columbus-lutheran.org
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Was the list built in the Zimbra web client or in the Homestead email manager?

Drew
Photo of David9663

David9663

It was built in the Homestead email manager. I believe we had 3 different list (maybe 4). I wasn't too worried about protecting them because the notification we received said they would all be sent to us in a spreadsheet. I really hope you're able to retrieve these for us.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I should be able to get these for you tomorrow.

Drew
Photo of Katie 7535

Katie 7535

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have not received my mail lists as well for www.dunritestockandstables.com
Please email it too katie@dunritestockandstables.com as soon as possible.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll check on this right now.
Photo of louie4837

louie4837

• 60 Points
Please send spreadsheet of my mailing lists for www.rivercityregulators.org. Email address is info@rivercityregulators.org. the two lists were under "members@rivercityregulators.org" and "guests@rivercityregulators.org". We're having a huge problem sending messages to all our folks. Please send asap. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll follow up on the mailing lists, but, what sort of problem are you having with regard to sending messages?
Photo of Catherine7259

Catherine7259

• 70 Points
I have not received the spreadsheet. Send me my mailing list.

performanceinfo@catherinebrady.net

Thank you in advance.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'll have them look for it now, and we'll email it as soon as its generated.

Mike
Photo of Catherine7259

Catherine7259

• 70 Points
Any progress?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Catherine7259, I am following up on this again.

Mike
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

still do not have my mailing lists

*@villasneardisney.net
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,888 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Need my mailing list created on the Zimbra system. skonlinenewsupdate@streetkingsokla.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Was in created in the Zimbra client? or the email manager?

Drew
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

Why does my comment appear unreplied to when many others with the same problems are receiving replies. I need my mailing lists. I am a very old Homestead customer and this is causing me problems.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Tracy2865, Sorry for the delay. Your lists have been emailed to you.

Mike
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

Mike, I do not have a gmail account - please check your records.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Tracy2865, Sorry for the confusion, that message was for Betsy0436.
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

I have now received email contacts for sharoncooper.net my domain name is villasneardisney.net
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you need a list or contacts for villasneardisney.net?

Drew
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

Yes, it is what I have been asking for for several months. Thanks Tracy

p.s. sharoncooper.net is nothing to do with me !!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry for the mistake. I will have this for you tomorrow.

Drew
Photo of Betsy0436

Betsy0436

I have not received my mailing lists created on the Homestead email manager. I need them ASAP. Mike F, I hope you can help me quickly!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I have just sent the list to your gmail address.

Mike
Photo of Betsy0436

Betsy0436

Thank you Mike!!
Photo of Sharon0405

Sharon0405

I added a "Join My Mailing List" button to my website years ago and was collecting emails. Before the email upgrade, this info was found under the "Email" topic on my Homestead account page. Now it's gone! Where do I find my list? Here's my domain/website - http://www.sharoncooper.net/contact1....
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Do you know what the mailing list name was? If not, which domain was it for?

Drew
Photo of Sharon0405

Sharon0405

It was the sharoncooper.net domain
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok. We will look for this on Monday morning.

Drew
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

Please advise the outcome. Thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Tracy2865,

Your list was emailed to your gmail account on March 3rd.

Mike
Photo of Tracy2865

Tracy2865

Mike, I do not have a gmail account - please check your records, my account on file with you is an aol account. Please send to that, thanks Tracy
Photo of Nader6360

Nader6360

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Need the mailing list.

Dears,
We were delighted to try out the new "homestead", nevertheless and without prior notification the MALING LIST disappeared.
Please note that we need it (the emails) as soon as possible in order to proceed with our daily business tasks.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

• 2,430 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello Mike....ok I am STILL waiting for someone to call me from your office....this is really getting annoying....I am wondering if a letter from my lawyer will make things happen faster! I am STILL missing info and contacts and my contacts are still not populating properly! Enough already I am also not able to sign in on any of my smart phones or apple products...it tells me I am performing an illegal action! Really...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.