What the

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Editing...when I click on an element to move it, it won't let me click off, or when I do and move my mouse, the element moves with it, like it's stuck to my mouse, or connected to it. Or I click on another element, then BOTH are connected to the mouse. This has been happening a lot lately. It's like getting stuck on fly paper. Impossible to work on my webpages.
Photo of Alex3342

Alex3342

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • ready to blow my brains out.

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have had this happen several times in the past, just one of many glitches in the system that I guess we have to put up with?

Photo of Dennis2968

Dennis2968

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, I have seen this a few times as well. I recognize your frustration, Alex3342. From time to time, I have felt it too with this app, but seriously I think your title is unnecessarily over the top. I know you may not react to this comment well, but I wanted to say something. Homestead is made up of people who have jobs just like you and me. I agree they need to do a better job fixing bugs, but I recommend basic civility.

I think you, and all of us, can get a useful response if we outline the series of steps that cause the behavior. I know that's not always easy. (In fact, I'm not sure what I did to cause the "Sticky elements.")

Homestead folks, I do appreciate your job can be difficult, but I will say the Homestead app, Site Builder Plus, is buggier in general than it should be. I still use it, though, because I know how, and I found it more difficult to figure out how to use the newer app when having started from a template, even after having looked at some of your tutorials - which I appreciate.

So, let's give Homestead folks better information to fix bugs, and Homestead folks, I think you need to make a better effort to fix the bugs.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 13,758 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do apologize I am not able to replicate this issue. If you are using internet explorer as the browser when editing this may be causing issues as it may be incompatible with Sitebuilder. I would recommend accessing the editor using another browser such as google chrome or Firefox for a better experience. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.