What Settings Do I Need In The Homestead and Cloudflare DNS To Have The Cloudflare HTTPS Work

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

To Those VERY knowledgeable about Homestead and Cloudflare DNS.

I had my website BillionaireAddresses.com working using the Cloudflare https - Now it is back to not working. I have changed nothing. Why does this happen? How can this happen? Do we need a certificate on Homestead to match with Cloudflares?

The catchall answer that everyone points us to is 'Can I secure my Homestead Website with HTTPS?' link, but it does NOT address all settings needed for both Homestead and Cloudflare.

Remember, not all of us know everything or ANYTHING about DNS.

Can somebody please just put:

These are the settings needed for your accounts (Homestead and Cloudflare) when using the Cloudflare HTTPS -

Settings needed in Homestead DNS: (Just give us the actual Type, Domain name, IP's and numbers needed)

Settings Needed in Cloudflare DNS: (Just give us the actual Type, Domain name, IP's and numbers needed)

Then update your nameservers on Homestead to Cloudflares.

Thank you for any help anyone can give. Maybe after 6 months, I can get my website back working.

Kind regards,

James Allen

Photo of ContactBillionaires

ContactBillionaires

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

When you add your domain to cloud flare the current DNS setting should populate. If you have already added the domain to cloud flare remove it and re-add it to have their system re-scan and find those records. If, for some reason are not able to get the records to auto populate here are the DNS records that will need to be present. 

Here is what it should show in cloud flare. 

Make sure to complete the final steps in the article to turn on the SSL https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https.

ContactBillionaires

Wow Michelle, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for starting it off for me. Thank you so very much!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Just one more thing if I may. I still have one small problem though. No matter what software I put it in, the image of the Cloudflare settings is just so small that enlarging it in anything distorts it and makes it very hard to read. I got just about all of settings figured out, but there are still 3 settings I just can't figure out. Is there a way you could re-post it a little larger so the settings are a little more clear to read? I, as well as others, would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you for doing all this for us. Everyone appreciates it. It is the easiest way to know what settings are used in this process. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Kind regards,

James

ContactBillionaires

Thank you!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No problem, you are very welcome! I am always happy to help when I can. I will upload another image of the cloud flare settings, hopefully this one reads better. 

ContactBillionaires

If I only had that 6 months ago! Thank you so much Michelle, everything works perfectly now!!!

Thank you again!

James
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 10,248 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Perfect! Sorry it took so long but very glad we go this straightened out. Have a great day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.