What happens if I delete my Dudamobile site? Will my PC site version show up on people's mobiles instead?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

What happens if I delete my Dudamobile site? Will my PC site version show up on people's mobiles instead?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • curious

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Yes, if you disconnect DudaMobile and remove the DNS pointing to it, it will bring up your desktop site on mobile. It is recommended to have a mobile version of your site, but I understand if you don't want to use Duda anymore. Have you heard about our newest builder that has a mobile editor?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Yes, I have sites using the new builder with the mobile editor built in, I love it. If it wouldn't take forever to rebuild my old site on the new builder, I would. But yes, my dudamobile site is very bad and I can't get it right no matter how much time I spend trying. So do I "delete" the dudamobile site? What do you mean "disconnect" it and remove the DNS pointing to it?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Can someone explain how to remove the DNS pointing to it and disconnect the DudaMobile? Thank you.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

So, you would cancel the DudaMobile site/account and remove the CNAME for DudaMobile under Domains > Advanced DNS Settings.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Thank you, okay... I did the CNAME part under Domains, but not sure how to cancel the DudaMobile site account. I've searched the account and all I can find is the option to "delete" the mobile site but not the entire account.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Definitely delete the site. I do not know if Duda has gotten rid of the ability to cancel from the account. I would contact them to see how to actually cancel.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Okay, I found in their help section that there's no way to delete the Duda account, but they say to delete the mobile site so that's what I did in addition to removing the CNAME in Advanced DNS Settings. So, I think it's all good then, right?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

I wonder how long it takes to disappear - it's still coming up on my phone.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

It can take 24-48 hours for these changes to take affect, but that should be sufficient!
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Okay, thank you so much Elyzabeth

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.