Weird Problem - I can't get images to hug closely to the side or top of the page. Why?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have images that are supposed to line the left wall of my website, and also the top. The images on the left, their "Left" position is set to 0. Likewise, the images at the top, their "Top" position is set to 0. However, when I publish the page, the images will suddenly be around 10 pixels away from touching the walls. This leaves a weird space that should not be there.

If I set the "Left" or "Top" position for these images to 1 instead of 0, the image will correctly display 1 pixel away from the left or top. However, that still leaves leaves a space that's 1 pixel wide which I don't want. So what's happening here? Two pictures below show what I mean.

See how the images are not touching the left or top when they should be? What's happening?!
Photo of Debra4295

Debra4295

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which one of your websites is this occurring on?  Also is it just one page (which one)? 

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Debra4295

Debra4295

On my KnowYourPhrase.com website. This occurs on any page IF I publish the page using SiteBuilder Plus (the online version of sitebuilder?) However, the older, offline version, called "Homestead Sitebuilder" does not do this when I publish a page. 

The majority of my website was done with the offline version of Sitebuilder. However, I believe this version is not updated anymore, while SiteBuilder Plus is. Thus, I wanted to transition and start using the Plus version. This problem prevents me from doing so. I also just confirmed that it's not just images that are pushed away from the edges if they are set to position 0, but even things like text.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell us which browser you were using when you took those screenshots? I pulled up the live site in IE, Firefox and Chrome and each of them are correct on my end.

Mike 
Photo of Debra4295

Debra4295

The reason everything seems correct is because I am not publishing any pages using SiteBuilder Plus, because I know it will have problems. However, just to show what happens, I published ONE page to show off the problem. 

That page can be found here: http://www.knowyourphrase.com/Animal-Phrases.html

Just to note, I literally changed nothing when I published this page. Notice that the images on the top and bottom are pushed away from the edges, and that's because their positions are set to 0.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Now I'm able to reproduce the problem. I'm not sure why it wasn't happening earlier. I'll need to do some research on this and get back to you. 

Mike 
Photo of Debra4295

Debra4295

Looking forward to it!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Debra4295,   Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I figured out the issue and there is already a help topic on the Community that shows how to fix this problem.  Basically, all you need to do is add the following snippet of code to the head section of any pages that have this spacing problem.

<style type="text/css">
body {margin: 0; padding: 0}
< /style>

If you would like to read the full topic you can visit this page. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Also,  If you've never added code to the head section of your site, you'll find those instructions here: 
How do I add code to the head section of my site?
Photo of Debra4295

Debra4295

Cool, thanks for the help.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.