WebsiteBuilder: SSL

• Article
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
To activate the SSL for a domain that is registered with Homestead and connected to a WebsiteBuilder site, follow these steps. 

1. Go to https://homesteadssl.com/ and enter your domain name. 

2. Select submit. The next screen will provide an IP address to point to. Copy the IP. 

3. In a separate tab, log into your Homestead account. Select the domains tab and under the domain select advanced DNS settings. 

4. Select Edit

5. Point the @ and www to the given IP then select submit. 

Select submit again

6. After submitting wait 5-10 minutes.
Go back to the first tab that you opened Homesteadssl.com in and select next. You will see the message pop up stating DNS settings made are correct your certificate will be provisioned soon. Click OK.  

If you see the message stating the changes are incorrect, click OK and allow more time. 

You have set up the SSL for you WebsiteBuilder site! Allow some time for the SSL to appear. 
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,836 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Vi8518

Vi8518

• 72 Points
Hi, I recently designed our website (www.hgiengineering.com) using the Website Builder and stopped using the previous version of our website that was designed using SiteBuilder. I was using Cloudflare previously to secure our website. I followed these instructions above to secure the site and I believe it worked, as the desktop version appears on my browser. However, when I use my mobile phone to check the website, the mobile version of the site appears sometimes, and other times I get a message with a blue box saying "This website is hosted and managed by Homestead. You can building your own website at homestead.com" I am not sure what I am doing wrong to get the mobile version of the site working. We previously were using the free Dudamobile application for our mobile site. Am I supposed to deactivate something at Dudamobile? 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,378 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It does require disconnecting from Dudamobile. I have performed that action on my end and double checked the set up. Everything is set up correctly and you will see the site showing on mobile shortly. . 
Photo of Vi8518

Vi8518

• 72 Points
Thank you! Everything appears to be working
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,058 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Perfect! You are welcome.