Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.
If you want to specify what image is used when someone shares/posts/likes your website on Facebook you can add this snippet of code to the tag:<br><br><pre><meta property="og:image" content="<code>http://www.domain.com/image.jpg"/>
We need to replace the image url with the image you wish to use.
Make sure you have already uploaded your image and published it.
Your picture will look best if it is square and at least 600 pixels wide
You just need to change the URL in the code to the address of the published image you want to use.
After you've added the code there and published you will need to run your website URL through the Facebook Debugger so they will crawl the site and make the update.
To clarify, the code above will go into the Advanced settings in WebsiteBuilder . Even if there's other code in there already, that is ok. Just scroll to the bottom of the existing text/code and then paste in the new code.
1. Add the image to an image gallery, place it anywhere on the page and publish the site.
(this gallery does not need to stay on the website, it will only display temporarily to get the image url)
2. Visit the published site, open the image, right click on the image and select copy image address.
3. Paste this url into the code. Remove the current "url" and replace it with the info that was copied.
<meta property="og:image" content="
4. Place the tag into the advanced settings. Under manage>advanced> site meta tags.
5. Publish. Once you are finished you can remove the image gallery from the site.
There are no replies.