Websitebuilder question

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Using Websitebuilder, when I switch to the mobile site will any edits show on the desktop site? 
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,916 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Nope, edits you make on the mobile site will not affect your desktop site
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Thank you.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If this helps, here is the link to our Youtube playlist regarding mobile editing in WebsiteBuilder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMUS7hZaJtY&list=PLj6E0cU5Ye9IzV32EiQ2BSYtOtP9abjiE
(Edited)
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Thanks again. I'll watch them over the weekend.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Is their a way to start off with a blank mobile page using Websitebuilder? My mobile pages using desktop Site Builder and Plus have the same content as the desktop pages but have a different layout, fonts, navigation, etc. I watched the videos from Youtube you recommended but couldn't find what I needed. Thanks again.
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

There isn't a way to start blank and add different elements, but you can change the style of the existing elements. You can use the information in the text formatting video/article to use different fonts for text. The navigation menu for mobile typically is different as it is the "hamburger menu". Most elements can have different design aspects in mobile, but you are limited to using the same elements as in desktop.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Thank you. But I think I'll stick with Sitebuilder Desktop & Plus for the time being. They offer the flexibility I need even though they're older programs. I do want to let you know however that I found Websitebuilder extremely easy to use, didn't have to add scripts to make mobile, dynamic pages, etc. but it lacks some features I feel I need. Thanks again for all your help
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steve:
Pick a template and remove all the images and start from scratch.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.