Website looks great on some devices, but not on all devices WHY?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I look at my site from my laptop it looks professional and organized, but when I look at it from my tablet it looks unprofessional and disorganized. WHY? I have had customers tell me this as well, how do I FIX this? Help me, PLEASE!
Photo of Rudy1449

Rudy1449

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The mobile browsers on some tablets and smart phones will re-arrange the content which messes up the appearance of some sites. The best thing is to actually create a mobile site so that those browsers don't do this. If you want to just use a single site, then the best thing you can do is create very simple pages, and try to eliminate any overlapping elements (images, text boxes, etc. ).

I highly recommend going the route of creating a mobile site. Google has been hinting for some time now that this is very important if your site depends on customers that may be searching from mobile devices.

Mike
Photo of HomeCheckz

HomeCheckz

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Check out www.duda.com excellent pricing (FREE) & very easy to convert your existing site to mobi.
Photo of HomeCheckz

HomeCheckz

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Check out www.dudamobile.com easy to use & basic plan is FREE!
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
HomeCheckz,

Thank you for your contributions to the Homestead Community, it is definitely appreciated

We actually offer a discounted rate on DudaMobile's services if you create a mobile version of your website from within your website account with us. You can do so from the Websites Manager page of your account. The option will be on the page for any website on your account that has a domain name associated with it.

Thanks,
Matt

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.