Website from 000webhosting showing instead of homestead's.

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi, I changed my nameservers to the ones that 000webhosting gave me and now my website will not be shown. Instead is the website provided by 000webhosting. What can I do to keep using 000webhosting and have homestead's website? Or how can I download my website so I can upload it there? Thanks
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

• 444 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The easiest fix is to just put the nameservers back to the defaults. However I assume there's a reason you changed the nameservers. What was the reason? Are you wanting to change website hosting, email hosting, etc?

Mike
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

Yep, hosting so I can have something like this: http://word.domain.net
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hosting for what? email, or website? You can have different hosts for each service. What do you wish to use Homestead for and what do you wish to use the other company for? These things will determine what you need to do with the DNS records, or nameservers.

Mike
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

Well, for the sub-domain I created there. Because Homestead doesn't support php. I'm sorry if I'm not giving the necessary information.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The domain, and subdomain always maintain the same nameservers, so you can't point one, without the other. However you can point the subdomain to a specific URL. You may want to change the nameservers back to defaults. Then, find the url for the other site and point the subdomain to that.
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

I'm sorry but I didn't understand.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you change the nameservers, it changes the pointing for the domain, and any subdomains. You can't have one point to one company and the other point to another company.
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

I already set the nameservers to the default. I'm going to loose my subdomain and webmail right?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You don't actually have any sub-domains created. Your hosting plan is on the Google (free for one year) package. It only allows you to have a single domain, and a 3 page site. In order to create subdomains you would need to upgrade the account.

In order to best help you, please describe everything you are wishing to do so we can point you in the right direction and if you need a different hosting plan we can make suggestions.

Mike
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

I mean the subdomain a created with 000webhosting
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you want to create a subdomain with 000webhosting, then you can change the nameservers back to them, but then you won't be able to use the Homestead website.
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

Oh well, thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.