website won't open - getting The connection was reset MESSAGE

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

when i go to any page on my website it does not open and i get a screen with the following message:  The Connection Was Reset - the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.   this has been happening for two days now.  i don't think it's my server since ALL other pages i go to load instantly.   any ideas?  is homestead having problems last two days?
Photo of Jim0047

Jim0047

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm, just tried mine from my favourite list ( twice) and got the same Message!. So typed the full URLin the address bar and up it came???? Tap F5 to refresh your browser screen and try what I did... seems OK now from fave list
Photo of Jim0047

Jim0047

that might be a work around but not a solution.  I'm more concerned if people find/come to the site and it doesn't load.  if you experienced it too, I'm guessing it's a Homestead problem.  will have to call them later today.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We are investigating a small number of sites with this error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
We are having the same issue.  I've noticed it several time here in our office and a client just reported the same as I was navigating them through the site.  It seems to be fine once you connect but there is a short delay of a few second in which the Connection error occurs.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are still looking. It doesn't seem to happen all the time.
Photo of david2953

david2953

Drew...from what I can tell it only occurs the first time you launch the site from a closed browser.  I use Chrome with Windows 7.  I am not sure if this helps but I've attached a copy of the error.  If you wait a few seconds the page then opens correctly.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes. Firefox you have to hit the Try again button. Once you load a page it is cached, so it displays the next time. Often your cache clears when you close your browser. Depending on the settings.
Photo of david2953

david2953

You are correct about it not happening all the time.  It sometimes works correctly from a closed browser launch.  I can also launch it without error with and without Google Analytics turned on.  The problem does not seem consistent.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is what makes it tough to track down.
Photo of Jim0047

Jim0047

just to be clear... no solution/fix yet, right?  still working on it on your end, right?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Correct. We are still on it
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We are having the issue too. This is right in the beginning of our busiest season. What is the update on the fix??
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They are still looking at it. While I see it sometimes, it seems to not occur for them when they look. We are working to find whatever is happening.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm spoke too soon Drew,.... now my site stopped loading at first attempt. I am on WINDOWS 10, using firefox. If I enter the URL direct it come up with The conection was reset. A click on try again button and up it comes... I wonder if the folks getting this problem could state their OS and browser.
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

• 3,296 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I use Chrome. I get a message "unable to find site" that flashes for about 1 second and then my site pulls up.  But very inconsistent (and aggravating)
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I use Chrome as well. Any update on a fix? I really need a working website. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry. We thought we had something, but it did not resolve the issue. We are still working to find it.
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

I don't seem to have that problem with Internet Explorer, just Google Chrome.  I don't use Firefox, so can't say about that.
Photo of William4072

William4072

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Firefox has the same issue
Photo of William4072

William4072

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here. Our index page does not rank on google unless you search for the domain itself. Instead our other pages are ranking in the same spots that our index page should be placed. Major problem for customers trying to access our site.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry folks, we are still looking. It is intermittent and affecting a small number of sites, so it is difficult to track down, but we haven't forgotten you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi all, our network team has made a change that may help resolve this. Please let us know if you see this anytime after now.

Thank you
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

I think it may be fixed.  I use  a web monitoring site that tells you when your site is down.  It has been reporting my site down (although it is not) up until today.  That's because it only hits my site for a split second and then does not wait for the re-direct, so it thinks the site is down.  Hopefully the problem is fixed.  I will let you know, Drew, if any more problems show up.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good to hear!
Photo of david2953

david2953

Thanks Drew...it appears to be working fine now all browsers.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.