Website not centered

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

When I go to my website where all people can review it , the website is not centered. All other web sites are fine, please let me know what the problem is and the solution.
My telephone number id 540-882-9163.
Thanks,
Carole Wilmoth
Photo of Carole6202

Carole6202

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,332 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Select Page Setting > Advanced Page Settings > Set Alignment For Page > Center.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,248 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The combination of the pattern you use as the background and the page width is causing it. If you set the page width to 980, you should see the page center, but you will have to adjust you page elements to fit within the pattern.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,244 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Background causing miss aligned pages came up a while back and this was given as a resolution.

The Centering feature basically centres all the content on your page, but not the actual background image. When you import an image using the background feature, it automatically places the image at the upper left corner of the screen. Then when someone stretches their browser window the other content centres, but the background starts to repeat in a 'tile effect".

To get around this, just change the background to a solid colour, then go back to the editor and import the same background image as a regular picture. Once you have it on the page you can resize it, and layer it behind all the other contents on the page.

Not sure if this applies but it may help....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.