Website is freezing and parallax backgrounds are not working when published.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

Hi there,

My problem is regarding mentorofficefurniture.homesteadcloud.com

I'm currently working on this site and when I publish and then view the site, it freezes sporadically as I try to scroll down the page. I also have a few sections that are parallax and they are frozen and not moving. This started a couple days ago, even when I was in the editor it kept freezing up on me and I would have to close out and keep re opening. I have tried viewing the site on other computers in our office and it is the same problem on every one. I have another site that I am working on as well and have not had this issue so it seems to just be related to this particular website. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated as the website basically cannot be viewed as of right now.

Thank you!
Photo of fairjmf3478

fairjmf3478

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Robert4145

Robert4145

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have be having the same problem, I am about to go to / Go Daddy.com
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Your site is on a completely different platform than the person who posted this question. I am unable to replicate any issues in scrolling on your site. I would check your internet speed and make sure you are using a browser that is up to date, preferably not Internet Explorer.
Photo of Robert4145

Robert4145

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have done all that. Updated everything and checked all my security. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

What browser are you using? Can you please run a speed check and tell me your internet speed?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

I have cleared the cache for your site, which seems to have improved the freezing, but we will continue to look into this issue. I will let you know when I have an update.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

There is one thing I would like you to try on your end. Can you please resize your images to not be such large files and see if you notice a difference in the freezing?
Photo of fairjmf3478

fairjmf3478

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just resized some of the images and that seems to have solved the problem. Thank you so much for your help!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Perfect, I'm so glad that helped!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.