Website Feedback Please: Teuninck & DeBishoppe, LLC

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I recreated our website but I need constructive feedback.
Please assist, Thank You,
Photo of Rob4692

Rob4692

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Confident

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 68,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What's you website address?
Photo of Rob4692

Rob4692

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Is this a prospecting tactic? 
Photo of Rob4692

Rob4692

No, not in the least. We offer a service and developed the site to promote that service
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Is it working? You have the basic stuff. A shopper can easily navigate your site and find information of a variety of products. Good job!
Photo of Rob4692

Rob4692

Thanks for the feedback!  it was just completed and published today.  We'll see how it goes...
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rob - sorry for being slow on the input, but I don't get in here that often. You have a good beginning on the site, it presents as a professional type business site, the navigation is clear and easily followed. Some things you might consider:

• Underlines should be used only on linked text - On your Services page your section titles are underlined and in a different color which can make the visitor think those are links. Perhaps just make the titles italic or create a double line using the rectangle element rather than just the single line.
  • The Home page is where you can lose a visitor very quickly. You have about 10 seconds to capture their attention and let them know you are offering what they are looking for. Currently you are wasting a lot of valuable real estate with the photos. Suggest you move the text up where the picture of the people is - rewrite it a bit to indicate exactly the type of service you are offering being sure to incorporate your primary keyword(s). This accomplishes three things; places the primary content above the fold, gives the visitor an instant view of what you offer and feeds the Search Engines. On the right side of the page you could list the types of services and link them to the Services page where the explanations are. It is recommended you have at least 250 words of informative text on the page. It should contain the keywords and phrases you are hoping to be found for and provide your visitors with knowledge aboutyour page/product. Remember though that you are writing for humans NOT the Search Engines. Once you have that you can then add in the photos in appropriate spots and sizes.
  • Your copyright should appear on all pages
  • I would remove the Yelp thing - it kind of takes away from the professionalism of the site
  • Obviously you aren't done with the About page and I assume you're working on it.
  • You might want to add something to close out those pages so they look done. Use a tag line with keywords and then your copyright and Company name, address, phone, email or any of a zillion combinations. Take a look at some other sites and see how they 'end' a page.
  • Be sure to start your descriptions with the primary keyword - hassle-free probably isn't one of them. Descriptive page titles are also very important for both Search Engine Optimization and for viewer information. A page titled Home does not give the SE’s good descriptive text to utilize and if a visitor bookmarks the page all they would see in their Favorites is Home. 

Ok I'm sure your head is spinning so I'll stop. Your site is good as is, but with some tweaks you can make it more user and Search Engine friendly.

Good luck to you!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.